♡: fifty nine

but darling, what if you fly? 

─── ⋆⋅♡⋅⋆ ───

the next day, jihye found herself in a dance practice room with felix, since seungmin said he had something to do at home

flashback

"let's make a compromise," hana proposed, leaning forward as she rested her chin on her hand. "how about we still practice, but we invite a few of our friends to watch? it'll be good practice, and sometimes other people catch mistakes we don't notice." 

jihye thought it over, but when she saw how excited asuka, hana, and aashvi looked at the idea, she couldn't bring herself to say no. they had worked so hard over the past month; they deserved a break. and they were still practicing...

"fine," she grumbled with a small smile on her face. she shook her head with a smile when aashvi and hana cheered and high-fived each other, and asuka grinned to herself as she pulled out her phone. "let's do that all of tomorrow, alright?" 

hana squealed again and nearly made jihye fall over as she strangled her with a hug. "you're the best, unnie!" 

aashvi nodded quietly in response, and asuka bumped her shoulder with the short-haired girl's. "you really are," asuka added. "i'm gonna head to bed now, guys. i wanna spend tomorrow wisely, and i suggest that you all do the same." 

jihye nodded in agreement. "she's right." 

"yes, mother," the 'twins' chorused. 

"good." 

present time

"he sounds cool," jihye told felix, leaning against him and the mirror behind them. 

felix nodded excitedly. "jeongin is so cool," he agreed. "you two would get along great." 

she grinned, lazily drawing circles on the boy's thigh. "i'd hope so." 

the two of them sat there in silence until felix asked, "are you ready for the evaluation?" 

jihye bit her lip nervously as she replied, "i don't know. i'm scared." 

"it's okay to be nervous. being nervous pushes you to do your very best. and i know you're gonna do your best." 

damn, bro, you sound so smart, felix thought to himself ten seconds after telling jihye that. 

there was a moment of silence before jihye spoke up. "can i perform in front of you?" she asked shyly. she didn't want him to know that she wrote the song for him, but she didn't want to go into the evaluation without felix's reassurance. 

"are you sure you can dance?" felix asked carefully. the other girls had warned him not to let jihye overwork herself because they didn't trust her one bit. 

the girl nodded insistently. "i'll only do it once, please lixxie? i really want you to see it..." she pouted. 

unable to resist her cuteness, felix nodded immediately. "fine," he replied. "but only once." 

"yay!" jihye squealed and threw her arms around his neck. "thank you, lix, you're the best!" 

as she excitedly got up and scrolled through her phone to find the song, she was unaware of how much she had made felix blush by saying those words. the poor boy was bright red and his ears were an adorable shade of pink. 

"okay, i'm gonna start now," jihye declared, grabbing felix's attention as she got into her starting position after clicking 'play'. 

she was incredible, to say the least. felix's jaw slacked when he saw her smooth movements and incapacitating stage presence. he literally couldn't take his eyes off her; she was perfect. her vocals were smooth as butter and her everything was so amazing felix felt like he was short-circuiting. 

she danced every move with grace and sang every note with passion. it was no doubt that she was truly enjoying herself. 

when she finished, it took felix a solid 30 seconds before he registered everything. he started clapping slowly before speeding up, and jihye's idol-like ending fairy dropped as a huge grin grew on her face. "how did i do?" she asked excitedly, running towards felix. 

"you are perfect," felix said without thinking. when he realized how that sounded, he blushed as pink as the girl before explaining, "your dance and vocals are, like, incredible. if you don't debut, i'm going to kill jyp myself." 

jihye giggled softly before hugging him. "thanks," she whispered. "that means a lot." 

it defintely did. she felt a thousand times more confident in herself now that the person who mattered the most to her approved. 

"you deserve it, jiji," felix told her. "you really were awesome." after they broke out of the hug, he asked with a small smirk on his face, "but who was the song about? i know you wrote it~" 

jihye turned bright pink. this was exactly why she was hesitating to perform in front of him. "that's a secret," she retorted. "i can't tell you that." 

felix's smile dropped slightly, but he forced himself to keep it up. i thought it was me... "does my jiji have a crush?" he teased her, ignoring the sinking pit of dread in his stomach. i wish it were me...

jihye couldn't bring herself to tell him. if she told him, she would be jumping off a cliff that would lead to the end of her and felix's friendship. 

i can't sacrifice that. i can't jump off that cliff. 

a/n: oh my god, guys, stop beating around the bush TT it's actually getting on my nerves now anjdadjfjidekncvjfidkcnvhjfidcnfjdikmcnj

a/n: oh my god, guys, stop beating around the bush TT it's actually getting on my nerves now anjdadjfjidekncvjfidkcnvhjfidcnfjdikmcnj. and even though jeongin isn't very relevant to the plot, i felt the need to add him here as lixxie's friend (also, he plays a bigger role in the series) <3

qotd: do you celebrate christmas?
aotd: tbh i don't know what 'celebrate' means. like yes, i give (and get) presents, and i have a tree and stonkings, but i don't go carroling or read the bible (i'm not christian or catholic).