♡: five

i love the sound of your voice, your laugh, and the way you say my name. 

─── ⋆⋅♡⋅⋆ ───

"wait, uh, what's your name?" felix asked awkwardly, wringing his hands nervously behind his back as he awaited an answer

jihye considered the question. worst case, he would somehow recognize her as a trainee (she was sure that the official jype instagram account had posted about her at least once). best case, he wouldn't recognize her as a trainee and they'd become good friends. 

jihye returned his happy smile. "kwang jihye," she told him, waiting to see any flicker of recognition on his face. when she didn't see any, she let out a breath she had been holding and smiled again, more relaxed this time. 

"that's a pretty name," felix complimented, the tips of his ears turning pink as he broke their eye contact. 

jihye grinned. "yours, too." 

"so," felix started, their competition forgotten. "why are you here?"

jihye pointed to the large chick plushie on the wall. "i want to win that, but... i don't have enough points." 

noticing the slight downturn of her facial expression, felix grabbed her hand and dragged her to the counter where they could exchange points for prizes. although surprised, jihye followed behind him, unconsciously intertwining their fingers. the action made felix blush slightly, but he pretended not to notice. 

"we'd like that, please," he requested the boy behind the counter. the boy was very buff and seemed like he was in high school, if not older. jihye glanced at his name tag. 

changbin; part timer.

the man— changbin— handed felix the plushie, who gave it to jihye. her eyes widened as she held it. "wait, what?" she asked, fumbling with her point card. "i don't have enough points." 

felix grinned at her. "yeah, but i do." 

"no— wait— i don't want you to pay for me," she protested, not wanting to fall into debt to the boy she just met. 

felix grinned at her and swiped the point card, confirming the purchase. "i don't play for prizes, i play for fun. and i guess you can just pay me back!" 

jihye furrowed her eyebrows. "how?"

"by hanging out with me and buying me a drink, duh," he told her, as if it w ere the most obvious thing in the world. jihye grinned and nodded in response, hugging her new chick plushie close to her. 

the two left the arcade after felix thanked changbin, walking close by with only jihye's bag separating them. "so," she started, filling up the ever-so-slightly awkward silence, which was fair, considering that they two had just met. "why are we  hanging out?"

felix looked a bit hurt as he replied, "why? don't you want to hang out with me?"

jihye shook her head, not wanting him to take it the wrong way. "what? no, not at all. of course i wanna hang out with you. you're cool," she said, bumping his shoulder with hers playfully. 

felix cracked a smile. "then why'd you ask?"

jihye shrugged as the glares she received from her classmates and fellow trainees flashed through her mind. "i dunno, most people just seem to dislike me."

ew, she thought to herself right after she said it, cringing. that sounds so pick me.

felix, however, didn't seem to think so. in fact, he seemed confused. "why?" He questioned, trying to understand how anyone could dislike the sunshine-like girl. when jihye couldn't come up with an answer, he said, "that's dumb." 

jihye grinned again. "yeah, it is." 

a/n: we got some felix and jihye bonding hehe felix is so cute istg he's such a sweetheart <3 i hope you liked it :) 

qotd: which kpop comeback are you looking forward to the most?
aotd: the itzy japanese one, but the stray kids one (that was released today) has got me so hooked it's crazy?? like the trailer is insanely incredible