♡: fourty eight

you know you're in love when you remember the tiny details.

─── ⋆⋅♡⋅⋆ ───

"hey, jiji, where do you want me to put the framed pictures?" felix hollered from the living room as he taped the last box he was packing close

jihye, who was mopping the floor in the dance room, thought for a moment before replying, "um, i can come out and do them later. can you do the cushions and stuff next?" 

"alright!" felix told her before started the job. 

only a couple minutes later, seungmin yelled from somewhere in the dorm, "yo, hee, what do you want me to do next?" the boy had been packing up her recording supplies and had finally finished. 

without a thought, she mindlessly replied, "can you start my room? it'll take me a while in there." 

"you sure? i haven't been in there before." 

jihye nodded before vocalizing her thoughts. "yeah, duh, you're like my best friend. just don't open the top drawer of my dresser it has clothes you wouldn't wanna see." 

seungmin groaned. "i didn't need to know that, but okay," he said before making his way to his friend's bedroom. when he opened the door, he was surprised to see how utterly messy it was. he and jihye had video called before, and jihye had shown him her room, and just like his, it had been really neat. but the state it was in right now...

compared to seungmin's worries, felix's were possibly even worse. she doesn't trust me enough, he thought nervously. that's why she told me to pack up the cushions, but let seungmin go into her room. he knew that it was partly his fault. when he hadn't been there for jihye, seungmin had, so no wonder she was more comfortable with him. 

but that didn't make it hurt any less. 

i'll make it up to her, he told himself. i better.

jihye, meanwhile, had finished mopping the dance room and after dumping the soapy water out, she walked into her room to help seungmin. "hey, seung— why do you look like that?" jihye laughed as she saw seungmin tangled in a thin white bedsheet. 

"i was trying to fold it, but i swear it hates me," he grumbled, annoyed. he had spent the past five minutes trying to fold the goddamn bedsheet, and it just wasn't cooperating! 

the girl giggled again before grabbing another bundled up white bedsheet that needed to be folded. "i'll teach you, okay?" 

seungmin nodded, but he spotted two pairs of cheap plastic sunglasses on a dresser. "wait, can you grab those?" he asked. when the girl passed them to him, he covered his head the with the bedsheet, too, and then put the sunglasses on. "seungmin in the building!" he cheered cutely. 

jihye laughed and copied his actions before the burst into laughter. they couldn't help it; they looked like ghosts, and it was so hilarious. "can i take a picture of us, seung?" jihye eventually asked after their laughter died down. "i wanna post it on my insta." 

seungmin raised his eyebrow underneath the fabric, knowing very well that the girl couldn't see it. "but won't people get mad that you're friends with a boy?" 

"yeah, but they can't tell you're a boy. you're literally underneath a bedsheet." 

"well, then, why are you even asking?" 

jihye grinned before grabbing her phone and dragging seungmin over to the full-length mirror that was in her room. "hana, dul, set!" 

both the friends posed as jihye clicked the shutter button on her phone's camera. "cheese!" 

after checking over the picture with her best friend, jihye posted it on her instagram with satisfied smile. it was the first time she had posted someone on there other than her friends and her cat, shiro, who had already been moved to the new dorm so she didn't bother with the packing-up. 

after it posted successfully, jihye tucked her phone in her back pocket and unravelled both herself and seungmin from the bedsheets

after it posted successfully, jihye tucked her phone in her back pocket and unravelled both herself and seungmin from the bedsheets. "now, follow what i'm doing," she instructed him. "fold it in half." 

"fold it in half," he copied. 

"fold it half the other way." 

"folding it in half the other way." 

"fold it half again." 

"folded in half again." 

"fold one last time." 

"folded..?"

"and done!" jihye exclaimed, tossing the now-folded bedsheet into the box near her bed. "see, that wasn't so hard, was it?" 

seungmin shrugged, but the girl noticed the upwards curl on his lips. "i guess so," he responded, following suit and throwing the bedsheet he folded in the box, too. "let's keep cleaning, or you'll never finish." 

jihye sighed. "you're right." 

a/n: i honestly love the seungmin x jihye friendship so much guys i'm not okay ;-;

qotd: what's something that has happened recently?
aotd: i was backstabbed (kinda) by a friend, but for some reason, i'm not that mad about it? i think i'm immune to losing friends haha