♡: four

love is a game that two can play at and both of them can win. 

─── ⋆⋅♡⋅⋆ ───

jihye had decided to go to the arcade

jihye had decided to go to the arcade. the same arcade she had gone to as a child; the same arcade where some of her favourite memories were made. she just loved the feel of winning a game; the satisfaction of being the best. 

maybe that was why jihye was competitive while training, too. maybe that was why she had to be the best. 

she glanced at the prizes decorated on the wall. she'd had her heart set on one for a while; a huge pastel yellow baby chick plushie that would look adorable decorated on her bed. the only problem was... she needed to win at least 10 more games to get enough points for it. 

or she could play the new Mario-Cart-like game that shined near the back of the arcade, waiting to be used. jihye found herself staring at it in awe, her eyes sparkling at the thought of playing it. she felt disappointment seep through her when she read the sign that said multiplayer only

she was about to turn around to find another game to play when she heard a deep voice interrupt her thoughts from behind her. "are you gonna play, or...?"

jihye turned around, her eyes wide in surprise as she saw a black-haired boy around her age standing there. "oh, um, it's multiplayer," she explained. 

the boy gave her a cute, crooked grin and asked, "do you wanna play, then?" 

jihye grinned widely before rushing towards the game and dropping her bag next to the seat where she wanted to sit. "hell yeah." 

the mysterious boy ruffled his hair before sitting down on the seat next to the short-haired girl and clicking the start button. 

"i want princess peach!" jihye exclaimed, quickly claiming her character. the boy raised an eyebrow at her as he chose luigi. "what?" the girl asked him defensively. "she's pretty." 

like you, the boy thought but refrained from saying it out loud. it wouldn't do him any good if he scared away someone who might be one of his first friends apart from his brother and his brother's best friend. 

the two gamers sat there, focused on the screen as they raced through several courses, doing their best to beat the other. "one more lap..." jihye muttered under her breath, her fingers moving at the speed of lightning as her eyes were squinting at the screen. 

beside her, the boy heard this. he formed an evil plan and smiled mischievously before using the power-up he had saved for moments like this. bullet bill. he clicked on it quickly and let out a laugh of victory as his luigi-turned-bullet zoomed past princess peach and the finish line. 

"i win!" he exclaimed, placing the controller back where he picked it up from.

jihye frowned, crossing her hands across her chest. "you cheated," she pouted, unable to admit defeat. she was an ace at all games Mario; how was it possible that she lost to him? 

"i didn't cheat, you just lost," he stuck his tongue at her playfully, only to receive a smack on his arm. 

"whatever, uh, what's your name again?"

the boy grinned at her in response. "felix. lee felix." 

a/n: ahhh!! here's the entrance our our favourite sunshine, lixxie!! i swear to god he's so cute avbhjrfkmvnbhjirfknvjfi especially when he's taking about gaming, you know? he's so adorable <3

qotd: what's your favourite stray kids song?
aotd: tbh, i can't pick, but right now, i've been listening to social path a lot (it's so relatable)