♡: fourty five

communication is a two-way street.

─── ⋆⋅♡⋅⋆ ───

felix and jihye spent almost an hour reconciling

felix and jihye spent almost an hour reconciling. they both explained their sides of the story (where both of them chose to ignore the parts about them being heartbroken because of the other) and made up. and while neither of them had romantically confessed, they had definitely started to heal their platonic relationship. 

"i missed you so much, jiji," felix told her honestly. "life was so boring. seungmin was always so busy, and minho hyung was always hanging out with noona." 

"i missed you, too, lix," jihye grinned. "training felt different without your daily calls asking me about me day." 

the two stood there, smiling at each other like a pair of lovestruck idiots... that was, until they heard someone screech, "get out of there, idiots! i actually need the flour this time!" 

both kids burst into laughter before saying, "actually, it's locked from the outside." 

they could almost hear minho's eye roll as he unlocked the door, letting jihye and felix breath fresh air. "you guys were so frustrating," he muttered, but jihye caught sight of the small smile that had escaped his poker face. "go away now or whatever. oh, and jihye, suka's looking for you." 

jihye nodded, her face bright red as she squeezed between the two boys to visit her best girl friend. the second she was out of earshot, a mischievous smirk grew on minho's face as he raised an eyebrow at his younger brother. 

"so," he started. "what happened~?"

felix hid his blushing face and the huge smile in his hands as he muttered, "we made up." 

"i know, dumbass. did you confess, though?" 

the younger boy shook his head. "no, i didn't." 

minho gave him an annoyed look. "c'mon, why? you know she likes you!" 

the freckled boy only shrugged. "she was happy for us to be friends again, and i want her to be happy," he said. 

"that's cringey." 

"i know. also, i feel like it would have been very... inconsiderate, to put it nicely, for me to confess my love for her after not speaking to her for months." 

minho's eyes widened as he registered his younger brother's words. "'love'? 'love'?! my brother is in 'love'?!" 

while felix was being teased by his older brother, jihye was being teased by asuka in the sitting area. "you're so red!" asuka laughed when she saw the younger girl's face. "did you guys finally make up?" 

jihye nodded mutely with a huge grin on her face as she took a seat across from the older girl. 

"so... did you confess?" 

"unnie!" jihye exclaimed, blushing even more. "i haven't even talked to him for so long! i can't just throw that bomb at him!" 

"but you know he likes you," asuka frowned. "you should have just said it." 

"i want us to be closer again, first," jihye insisted. "or it'll be awkward." 

"hmm... if you insist." 

and while both jihye and felix were being teased by minho and asuka, they both were glad that they had been forced to talk to each other. 

and they were both so happy to get their best friend back.

a/n: this is cute <3

qotd: what is a time you wish you could go back to?
aotd: this time last year. life was fun back then </3