♡: fifty eight

why do we put each other through hell? why can't we just get over ourselves? 

─── ⋆⋅♡⋅⋆ ───

the next few weeks were rough, to say the least

the next few weeks were rough, to say the least. jihye had been sleeping less than 5 hours every night, and even then, lists of never-ending worries flooded her mind. 

what if we screw up? 

what if jyp hates us? 

what if he makes us quit? 

what if he finds about felix? 

felix. felix was another part of her life that she was completely and utterly confused about. she was too scared to give anyone the full story except asuka, but even then it was because minho had told her most of it. 

minho. that was someone she missed a lot. the two of them didn't hang out as much as they used to, and even though jihye knew she shouldn't, she still felt jealous every time asuka spoke about the last time she hung out with minho, which was quite often. she just wished that she had the time to hang out with her friends, too. 

jihye had been so stressed recently that she actually ended up having to call dr. wonyoung— the doctor who had helped her when she had screwed up her vocals cords before her last monthly evaluation. this time, jihye had bruised her arm badly after repetitively falling on it during a stunt she had choreographed with hana. 

even though she was better at singing (the same way many of the members were better at a certain thing), they all knew that they had to demonstrate that they were multitalented, so when aashvi had come up with the idea, none of the protested. the idea was that everyone focused on what they did best and what they did worst. this way, jyp and whoever else was watching could see their improvement and progress, and hopefully be impressed. 

and that was why jihye was doing a whole-ass gymnastics routine in the middle of the performance during her solo part and belting a high note while doing it. 

and her arm hurt. 

a lot

so now, she wasn't allowed to dance for another 2 days, and she could only practise her vocals and rapping, but she couldn't do too much of that, either, or she'd strain them. 

there were exactly 7 days until the evaluation, and jihye was basically on bedrest, per dr. wonyoung's orders. 

there were exactly 7 days until the d-day, where it would be decided whether or not she would debut, and she could do basically nothing to prepare. 

it was frustrating, to say the least. "ji, you gotta take a break," asuka piped up when she noticed how hard jihye was squeezing the now-empty juice box in her hand. 

the two of them, along with the other 2 girls, were sitting cross-legged in the living room, discussing what they hoped to do after they debuted. it was only stressing jihye out, though, because everything the girls were saying depended on one thing: whether or not they debuted. 

jihye shook her head sadly in response. "i literally can't, asu unnie," she said. "i'm so worried." 

hana spoke up, "you're not worried, i think you're just really, really, really overwhelmed." 

aashvi nodded in agreement and asuka proposed, "how about this? take tomorrow as a day off and—"

"no," jihye interrupted. "i'm sorry, guys, but i can't. i'm too stressed out about this, i need to practise." 

"okay, how about this?" aashvi finally spoke up quietly. "how about you still practise tomorrow, but you take it easy? in fact, we should all do that tomorrow, maybe even invite our friends." 

"do you think the company will let us invite people to the studio?" jihye asked, still skeptical. 

aashvi nodded. "yeah, they do. hyun— um, my friend helped me with dance a while back." hana raised an eyebrow at the dark-skinned girl but didn't say anything. 

"it's a good idea, actually," jihye replied. 

hana nodded excitedly, happy that their unofficial leader had agreed. "it is! plus, i'm sick of seeing you guys every day, it'll be fun to practise alone," she grinned before pretending to puke. 

asuka played along, wafting the air in front of her nose. "ew, my friends." 

"relatable." 

the four of them burst out laughing, quite literally rolling around on the floor. 

as jihye ugly-snorted, she couldn't help but feel so grateful for her friends. 

and maybe even her group mates.

a/n: it's a bit of a filler, i'm sorry TT

qotd: what should you be doing right now? 
aotd: ...my math homework that i haven't started and is due tomorrow TT