♡: thirty three

i miss you when i'm sad. i miss you when i'm lonely. but i miss you most when i'm happy. 

─── ⋆⋅♡⋅⋆ ───

felix had gotten home from school a few hours ago, and although he wanted to call jihye right away, minho had stopped him, saying something about how she was still probably being evaluated

felix had gotten home from school a few hours ago, and although he wanted to call jihye right away, minho had stopped him, saying something about how she was still probably being evaluated. that had only stressed the poor boy out more. only god knew how much he had been stressing the entire day. it had been taking everything out of him to not call jihye every five minutes. 

so when the cute customer his brother had a crush on came to the cafe, felix was grateful for the change of mindset. being the friendly ball of sunshine he was, he laughed and joked around with her, but the entire time, only person was on his mind: jihye. he couldn't stop wondering when her evaluation would be over, and he couldn't help but regret not disobeying minho and calling her hours ago. 

but jihye didn't know what was going through his mind. 

jihye only saw him laughing with another girl and hugging her when she seemed to have said something emotional. jihye only saw him not caring about her evaluation, and instead choosing to hang out with another girl. 

jihye only saw betrayal through the clear glass pane of the cafe, and once her tears started blurring her vision, she averted her eyes from the sight and wrapped her coat around herself tighter. don't cry, don't cry, don't cry, she commanded herself to no avail. 

precious tears dropped onto her cheeks which were now pink due to the chilly winds. i knew i was overanalyzing it, she thought to herself numbly, walking through the once-exciting streets of seoul with no particular idea of where to go. he never really liked me, did he? 

all previous memories of visiting her grandmother were gone; all jihye wanted to do now was cry. she wanted to cry, and maybe cry with someone else, too. that would have been nice. 

but the harsh reality struck her again. i have no friends, she realized, the thought making the tears fall faster. i have no one except felix and minho, but felix clearly doesn't care, and i can't go to minho. he'll take felix's side, because why wouldn't he? 

the young trainee must have looked crazy to passerby as she pushed through crowds of people, unsure where she was going or what she wanted to do. all she knew was that she didn't want to go home, whether that was her dorm room at jype or her grandmother's house. 

her phone rang, and jihye pressed the 'accept' button. "hello?" she asked, her voice hollow. 

"hee?" seungmin's voice rang through the phone, loud and clear. "i was going to ask you how your evaluation went, and— wait, are you crying?" 

"what? no, i'm not," jihye responded, her bottom lip quivering. the last thing she wanted was his pity. "the evaluation went great. i was given the 'all-rounder' label and i placed first." 

there was a pause before seungmin replied, "i'm really proud of you, hee. i knew you could do it. but don't lie to me. why are you crying." jihye sniffled unconsciously, and seungmin hesitantly asked, "hee... is this because of something felix did?" 

the smallest of whispers escaped her lips. "yes." 

"what can i do to help you?" the boy asked calmly, even though he was panicking on the other side of the phone. one of his best friends was crying because of something his other best friend did. and while he had known felix for longer, he also knew how emotionally delicate jihye could be. 

the young trainee mumbled, "nothing... i just don't want to be alone." 

seungmin paused. he was home alone, since his sister was having a sleepover with her friends, his dad was in america for work, and his mother was working overnight. "jihye, i don't wanna make you uncomfy, but if you wanted to, you could come over to my place?" 

"what?"

seungmin's voice shrank as he explained, "i'm home alone, though, so you don't have to come, but i just thought—"

"yes, seung, i'd love to come over," the girl interrupted over the phone. "are you sure?" 

he nodded before vocalizing his thought. "anything for one of my best friends." 

best friends

a/n: stan jihye and seungmin for a better life <3 

qotd: how are you today? 
aotd: stressed haha i have a lot to do.