♡: six

you're the vanilla to my latte. 

─── ⋆⋅♡⋅⋆ ───

"wait, felix," jihye said, breaking the now-comfortable silence that had enveloped the two

"wait, felix," jihye said, breaking the now-comfortable silence that had enveloped the two. "where are we going?" 

felix looked at her and furrowed his brows in confusion. "i thought you were leading us." 

there was a moment of silence before both of them burst into laughter. "it's fine," felix finally said, his voice sounding breathless due to the laughing. "i know a place we can go. it's super close to here." 

jihye nodded excitedly. "lead the way!" 

the girl followed a step behind felix as the two quickly walked towards wherever felix was taking them, talking like a pair of loud crows. 

felix was very excited to show jihye his cafe. it wasn't his cafe, per se, it was his grandma's. nonetheless, it felt good when he worked at the place to help her with his older brother. it felt like home. 

in a strange way, it felt like he was introducing jihye to his family, which was stupid, considering that he had literally just met her. i'm whipped, aren't i? felix asked himself, not necessarily disappointed about it. jihye was wonderful, as far as he could tell.

"we're here!" the boy exclaimed, interrupting jihye's ranting about how amazing selena gomez was. 

jihye stopped talking and looked up to read the sign on the building. "lee's cat cafe...?" She read out loud. "wait—" she looked felix up and down suspiciously. "is this place yours?"

felix shook his head, grinning. "no, but it belongs to my grandma. my older brother and I work here when we have time to help her," he explained proudly. 

the boy opened the door for her like a gentleman, the soft twinkling of the wind chimes ringing through the air as the two walked into the cafe. "this place smells so homey," jihye murmured, looking around in awe. "i love the decorations," she complimented, pointing to a painting of a silhouette of a boy and a girl hugging in front of a sunrise. "i like that one." 

felix rubbed the nape of his neck, flustered. "thanks," he mumbled. "i picked that one." 

jihye grinned, looping the arm that wasn't holding anything around felix's. "good to know that i befriended someone with good taste! now, let's order, shall we? i don't like being in debt." 

the two walked over to the counter, where they saw a handsome young man behind the counter who was scrambling to make and serve lattes. "do you need help, hyung?" felix asked worriedly, getting ready to go behind the counter. their grandmother had taken the day off on their insistence, and felix's brother was determined to manage the cafe on his own. 

he shook his head stubbornly, pouring a smoothie into a cup. "nope, not at all." after closing the lid on the drink, he finally looked up to see his brother with... a girl? that was new. she was pretty, too. 

felix coughed pointedly, as though telling his brother to stop gawking at his new friend. "minho, this is jihye. we met at the arcade. jihye, this is the older brother I was telling you about." 

minho raised an eyebrow at his younger brother. "good things, i hope?" he asked jihye, who giggled a bit, nodding. 

"of course," she replied, smiling. 

"so, what are you two doing here? i'd have thought that you were going to spend more time at the arcade, felix, since you wanted to win that sylveon plushie," minho asked, but was met with felix's glare. 

shut up, felix seemed to tell him through his eyes. i used my points to buy her the chick plushie but she doesn't know that so shut up.

minho nodded in understanding, but it was too late. "you wanted to win something?" jihye squeaked, suddenly feeling terrible. 

minho shook his head and spoke up to prevent his brother from making things worse. felix might have been a ball of sunshine, but minho knew how flustered he could get in these sorts of situations. "oh, no, i forgot," he laughed awkwardly. "i confused him for my friend jisung." 

"oh," jihye replied. "if you're sure..." 

"so," felix started again. "we're here to order." 

minho nodded slowly. "snd you want...?"

jihye spoke up, her usual bubbly self back again. "i'll have a vanilla latte, please," she requested politely. "and Felix will have one, too." 

"woah," felix said, holding his hands up. "why are you choosing for me?"

"is that not something you drink regularly?" jihye asked, confident that felix was a vanilla latte person. she had a knack for guessing these sorts of things. 

before Felix could say anything, minho deadpanned, "yeah, it is. every time." 

she stuck her tongue out at felix playfully before passing minho the cash. after returning the change, minho told the two, "i'll get you guys your drinks soon, just grab a table near the cats. And felix, bro"— he looked felix in the eye— "take your time. i don't need your help." 

felix nodded, knowing exactly what his brother was trying to tell him. felix, don't screw this up. But in case you do, minho has got your back. 

as the two walked away from minho, the older boy called, "oh, and jihye?" the girl turned around and he continued, winking, "if you want any embarrassing stories about felix, just let me know!" 

jihye grinned at him. "sure thing!" 

felix's eyes widened. i'm screwed.

a/n: i fell in love with older brother minho tbh 😍 like seriously this character fits him so well (in my opinion) and i just love it <3

qotd: favourite non-kpop song?
aotd: hmm i'm not sure. maybe "la da di" by cody simpson or boy with luv by bts and halsey (does that count??)