♡: thirty five

love is like a wild rose. beautiful and calm, but willing to draw blood in defence.

─── ⋆⋅♡⋅⋆ ───

"kwang? what are you— were you in that taxi?" minho asked right after felix, and jihye cut the call with seungmin

"kwang? what are you— were you in that taxi?" minho asked right after felix, and jihye cut the call with seungmin. she didn't want him to hear anything she would say, because she had a feeling that if felix got her mad enough, she would say things she would later regret.

"yes, minho, i was," she responded cooly, not wanting either of them to figure out that she was crying. 

minho raised an eyebrow at her, his older-brother senses gears turning. he knew that something had happened, probably with felix, because he knew that she would have gone to his younger brother first. but it was useless to interrogate her while felix was there. "where are you going?"

"a friend's house," she replied monotonously. 

although confused why jihye hadn't said anything about her evaluation, felix piped up, "do you want me to walk you there?"

she glared at him. "no, i don't," she told him harshly, making him even more confused. 

is she mad at me? 

minho's suspicions were confirmed. felix had certainly done something to upset jihye, but even if felix was his brother, he couldn't let the girl walk in the cold alone. "i can drive you, if you want," he offered. 

jihye nodded gratefully towards him, even offering the older boy a smile. "yeah, thanks. i'd like that." 

felix opened his mouth to say something, but minho pinched his butt in a shut-the-fuck-up-right-now way, so he did exactly that. he closed his mouth and watched as his older brother led his crush to their car to drive her to her friend's house. but once he was alone, he couldn't help but feel sad. 

what did i do wrong?

in the car, meanwhile, jihye had just given minho a 30 second version of why she was so pissed. "—and he was laughing with and hugging another girl and he clearly doesn't like me so why did he lead me on?" she finished angrily. 

minho nodded without taking his eyes off the road, wanting to cool down her anger. "i agree, kwang! that was such a bitch move of him." 

"i know! that complete motherfucking idiot." 

the two spent the last few minutes in the car ride cussing out felix. but while jihye felt a lot better at the end because felix's older brother was on her side, minho was more confused. he had no idea his brother had any other girl friends, and he had no idea why the younger didn't bother texting or calling jihye after her evaluation. 

so when they finally reached seungmin's house, minho parked the car and looked her in the eye. he had no idea what was really happening, but whatever it was, he didn't want it to ruin his relationship with jihye or his brother. 

"hey, jihye?" he started. "i know i usually joke around and stuff, but just know that i'm always here for you, okay? i get why you didn't come to me earlier today, since i'm his brother and stuff, but i'll always support you, too, okay? i know you don't call me 'oppa' because you find it weird, but remember, 'oppa' isn't just 'boyfriend' or whatever. it's also 'older brother'. and i want to be your older brother, okay? i'll always stay with you. i love you like a brother and it feels unexpected, i know, but you're like the younger sister i never had." 

jihye swallowed down the sob building up in her throat and threw her arms around minho instead. "i love you, too, oppa," she mumbled, her face in the crook of his neck as he hugged her back. 

and while minho still had no idea what was happening between jihye and felix, he was more relaxed now that she knew that he would always stay by her side. 

a/n: okay, i honestly have a lot to say about this chapter

a/n: okay, i honestly have a lot to say about this chapter. first off, please don't hate on jihye for reacting to harshly. i know for a fact that i would respond like this, and i know many of you would, too. second, don't hate on minho, either. felix is minho's brother, but jihye is one of his best friends. he's not turning his back to felix (i promise), but he's being there for jihye when she needs him. and lastly, please don't make jihye calling him 'oppa' a weird thing. it truly is a word used in korea that's used for respect and love, and since jihye rarely called him this before, it's supposed to be a touching moment that evokes the sibling-like relationship in the two. 

i hope you guys liked it <3

qotd: do you have anything planned for tmr?
aotd: i have a math test which i've been studying really hard for, and i'm hosting a fundraiser, too! i hope we make lots of money to donate.