♡: fourty two

teenage love is listening to a taylor swift song, and smiling because it's true. 

─── ⋆⋅♡⋅⋆ ───

"hi, asu unnie!" jihye exclaimed as she waved at the older girl

"hi, asu unnie!" jihye exclaimed as she waved at the older girl. "how are you today?" 

asuka grinned, playing with the sleeve of her top. "i'm good... how are you?" 

"i'm excited," jihye admitted. "i haven't ever had gotten my nails done." 

asuka gasped as though the younger had admitted to killing someone and hiding their dead body. "no way, actually?" when the younger nodded, she grabbed jihye's wrist before dragging her the manicure shop she had chosen herself. "they do the best nail art, it's insane. your nails are gonna look gorgeous after this, trust me." 

jihye saluted her. "aye-aye, captain!' 

as they entered the shop, the sweet sounds of the wind chime rang, alerting one of the saleswomen that they had customers. "annyeonghasaeyo, my name is sana!" one of the employees greeted with a bow. "and this"— she pointed to the girl next to her— "is naeyeon! you're both getting your nails done, correct?"

asuka nodded, taking the lead. "yup! my friend, jihye, has never gotten her nails done, though." 

naeyeon smiled at the young girl. "that's no problem at all. i can take you to our first station, if that's good with you. you two can sit next to each other." 

jihye followed the older girl who couldn't have been older than 25 to a seat. once she was comfortably seated, naeyeon offered her a childish smile. "do you have any ideas on what you want to have?" 

jihye thought for a moment, and she was reminded of the mario-and-luigi-themed box of chocolates she had seen at the valentines' day store the previous day. "i was thinking something that's maybe, like, mario-and-luigi themed? or maybe mario and princess peach? it's okay if it doesn't work out, i just—"

"of course it'll work out, jihye," the women comforted her. "i'm a pro at this, trust me. so, mario and princess peach?" 

"yeah, they're my favourite characters." 

just a spoiler, dear reader, that wasn't the only reason she was choosing those characters, and it had to do with a certain deep-voiced boy...

meanwhile, on a seat over, asuka was happily gossiping away with sana. "how's your boyfriend doing?" she asked the younger girl, knowing her well since asuka often came to the centre to get her nails done. 

"he's doing good," she giggled. 

"so, do you want me to do your nails valentines' themed, then?" 

"yes, please! could we add some mint green on it somehow, too? min loves that colour..." 

sana gave her a suggestive smile, to which asuka responded by blushing furiously. 

a seat over, jihye and naeyeon were discussing jihye's currently non-existent love life, because she desperately needed advice. "okay, wait, do you're telling me you might have just ruining your friendship with this boy because of a misunderstanding?" naeyeon summarized in disbelief as she painted something on the younger's nails with a thin brush. 

"yup," jihye responded. 

naeyeon thought for a moment before speaking up again. "you should try to talk to him," she told her. "i feel like he should have approached you when he found out you were mad at him, but i bet there was more to the story as to why he didn't." 

jihye groaned. "but that's so awkward! i've literally ignored him for two whole months, i can't just go back and try to pretend that it never happened!" 

naeyeon shook her head patiently. "no, that's not what i mean," she explained. "don't ignore what happened. explain how you felt and listen to his side of the story." 

"what am i supposed to say? 'i saw you hugging another girl and got jealous because i kinda sort maybe like you a lot, felix'?" 

there was a gasp and naeyeon and jihye turned to sana and asuka, both whom looked shocked. "you like felix?!" asuka asked, her eyes wide in surprise. when the youngest girl nodded, she added, "so you're the girl whom minho tells me felix won't shut up about?" 

now it was jihye's turn to be surprised. "what?" she asked, slightly pleased with the information. "he asks about me?" 

realizing that it wasn't her place to play matchmaker, asuka shook her head, mumbling, "i never said anything. what? what's a felix?"

and even though the older trainee refused to give her any information, jihye couldn't wipe the smile that had grew on her face. maybe she would take naeyeon's advice, suck up her ego, and talk to felix. 

because maybe, just maybe, he liked her the same way she liked him. 

a/n: double update because idk :) also, i'm sorry but i had to add my twice girlies (i'm gonna be a star!)

qotd: we already had one today, but what's your favourite beverage? 
aotd: hmm probably some kind of cold coffee