♡: seventeen

and i hate that i'm not good enough. 

─── ⋆⋅♡⋅⋆ ───

"your vocals are great, jihye," ms

"your vocals are great, jihye," ms. kim, the dance teacher, told the young trainee. "so was your rap. i believe that you could perform right now for the monthly evaluation you're performing for, and you'd be the best." 

jihye grinned brightly and bowed deeply as she thanked her coach. "kamsahamnida, ms. kim," she replied. "it's all thanks to you." 

the older woman laughed modestly. "don't give me so much credit, jihye. you're a natural singer and rapper." 

the girl smiled before bowing once again. "thank you, ms. kim. i'll take your leave now! i want to practice my dance a little bit more, since i'm not confident with what i did with ms. bae earlier today." 

ms. kim nodded in understanding. "yes, alright. i'll see you soon, jihye! annyeonghasaeyo." 

after one last bow, jihye slipped out of the vocal room and into the hallway, only to see some of her fellow trainees waiting outside. "hey, guys," jihye greeted apprehensively. nothing good ever came out of talking with them. 

one of the girls with hot pink dyed hair scoffed. "hey, jihye," she replied, mimicking the girl's tone. the pink-headed girl glared at jihye for a moment, and jihye stood there awkwardly, unsure what was going to happen. "did you forget your line, idiot?" she heard the pink-haired girl hiss to the girl next to her. 

the girl with long blue hair next to pink-head got elbowed in the stomach, and she spoke up in discomfort, "so, um, jihye, you should drop out of the evaluation," she said. "in fact, you should drop out of jyp's trainee program." 

jihye resisted the urge to roll her eyes; this wasn't the first time some of the other trainees had asked her to do this. "thanks for the offer," she replied sweetly, knowing exactly how to get under the girls' skins. "i'll consider it." 

she squeezed through from between them before starting to walk away, proud of how she dealt with the bullies. it was a huge improvement from the first time she had picked on; back then, the girl had cried herself to sleep. 

but she must have jinxed it, because she heard pink-hair call from behind her, "you can act all high and mighty as you want, kwang, but just remember, even though you're good at singing and rapping and that shit, you suck at dancing. just remember that." 

and that broke jihye. her legs moved faster as she tried to be out of the girls' sighs before she broke down. i won't cry, i won't cry, i won't cry, she repeated to herself as she felt a sob build up in her throat, but a treacherous tear slipped and landed delicately on her smooth skin. 

they're not wrong. 

a/n: even though i've portrayed jihye as a bright and cheerful girl who doesn't let anything get in her way, it's important to recognize that everyone has their flaws and insecurities, and that's okay, because it makes us human

a/n: even though i've portrayed jihye as a bright and cheerful girl who doesn't let anything get in her way, it's important to recognize that everyone has their flaws and insecurities, and that's okay, because it makes us human. remember that just like jihye, it's okay to let someone's insults hit you, even if you're trying to be all high and mighty. emotions are what make us unique <3 

qotd: what is something no one knows about me? 
aotd: i know exactly why i do things and my psychology behind them, and i want to talk to people about it but i don't trust anyone enough ;-;