𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝚎𝚒𝚐𝚑𝚝

I was unloading my washing machine when I suddenly heard my phone ringing. "Trap Queen" by Fetty Wap. This has been my ringtone for Rae since forever, I can't even tell you how it happened or how this song actually became our song but it's not a party for us if this song doesn't get played.

I pick up my phone and try to catch it between my ear and shoulder. "Hey Rae, what's up?" As the multitasking queen I like to think I am, I start to fold my clean laundry.

"What is my best friend in the world doing tonight?" She asks with so much enthusiasm, I know straight away she is up to something.

"You know, not much. I'm doing some spring cleaning and maybe watching some films later. Why are you asking?"

"I thought we could have a movie night, cook some food or order something and just enjoy some time together. Just like back in the days at pastry school." I can basically hear the smile she has on her face right now.

"Why not! I can take the next train in about 15 minutes, so I should be at your place in around 45 minutes! Do you want me to bring anything?"

"Ahh, I'm so excited! No, no, don't bring anything. See you in 45!" And with that, she hangs up.

I shake my head. Whoever came up with the name Hurricane Raegan hit it spot on.

Dressed in some comfy leggings and an oversized jumper I make my way over to Monaco.

The short 20-minute train ride goes by so fast. Sometimes I hate living in Nice just because I have to take a train to Monaco every time I want to go visit my best friend, mind not being able to get home after 10:30 pm but then I think about the rent prices and suddenly I love Nice more than anything.

I walk round the corner into the street where Rae and Landos' flat is located when I see a familiar face. I stop for a second to look at the Disney Prince ahead of me. I'm feeling a little bit nervous to actually see him again, we've been texting for a few weeks now. I can't help but feel a little bit guilty for blocking him off the last few times he's asked me if I was free to go on a date with him.

 I mean it's not like I've been lying to him, I have been busy with the bakery but on the other hand, I know that I am the boss, I could take time off from the bakery if I wanted to.

And it's not like, I don't want to go on a date with him but something is holding me back. Actually not something, it's the old feeling I always get when I start to get closer to someone. It's the old feeling I get since all the things that happened with Davide.

"Liana, is that you?" Carlos' deep voice tears me out of my thoughts. Out of instinct I turn around and look behind me. Maybe he is not talking to me. Wow, I must look like a fool. Of course, he is talking to me.

"Hi, Carlos!" I walk up to him and give him a quick hug. Not awkward at all Liana. "What are you doing here?" I look at him questioningly.

"Well, Lando invited me over for a movie night. Since we don't drive together for McLaren anymore we sadly don't get to spend much time together anymore." His gaze is still on me.

Oh my god, he looks so good. Right as this thought pops up in my head, another one follows right after. I can't help but compare him to Charles. Even though I am so incredibly mad and even a little disgusted at what he did. (Well I also feel disgusted with myself but I try not to think about that too much.) I can't deny the attraction I feel towards him. Fuck Li! Get your shit together.

"Oh, what a coincidence because Raegan called me about 45 minutes ago and invited me over for a movie night as well." I smile at him.

"Yeah, what a coincidence." He winks at me, "Let's go. We don't want them to wait. I know Raegan is probably calling the police on you if you don't arrive at the time you told her."