𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝚜𝚎𝚟𝚎𝚗𝚝𝚢-𝚗𝚒𝚗𝚎

Charles POV

Thank you for the gift!Have a good Christmas (:

Have a good Christmas (:

I wake up from a nap on the couch to find a text from Liana, I sit and stare at it for a few minutes - before I realise Raegan must have given her the present that I had bought.

I bought Liana a Christmas present, less expensive than for her birthday as I knew she would only complain that I spent too much money. But when Abu Dhabi happened, I gave up. I gave it to Raegan and told her to do whatever with it.

I didn't expect that she would actually give it to her, or that I would get a text at least.

"What did she say?" asks Arthur, inquisitively from the other side of the couch.

"Who?" I try to pretend that nothing happened.

"Liana, I saw her name pop up when you were asleep."

Well, shit.

"She thanked me for the gift, that I gave to Raegan,"

"Hmm, have you replied?"

"No."

"Why not," he probes, annoyingly.

"I just don't want to, can you stop talking about it? It means nothing." I snap back at him. He holds his hands up in defeat and his attention goes back to the Television.

Now, it is a lie to say that it means nothing. I'd be lying if I said I felt nothing when I saw her name pop up. But really, I'm trying to get over her, get over what could have been.

I love her, I still do. But she doesn't love me, and too much has happened to expect that we are just going to wake up tomorrow happy and in love.

I think with Liana it is a case of the right person, but wrong time. I'm not saying nothing will ever happen, but it just feels like now is not the right time.

Saying that, I hadn't expected Raegan to give her the present - in fact, I thought I had told her not to.