𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝚜𝚒𝚡𝚝𝚢-𝚘𝚗𝚎

"Rae, please tell me THIS is okay for a first date? Finally." This is the 5th outfit that I'm showing my best friend. She rejected all the other outfits, I was almost ready to cancel everything and just watch 'The Office' at home in my favourite comfortable joggers.

"Perfect." She grins at me through my phone screen.

I breathe out in relief, "Thank god." I look at my watch, which tells me that I don't have time to pick out another outfit anyway.

"You can call me Raegan though," my best friend giggles. I roll my eyes but can't help but grin. Lando's bad jokes have really rubbed off on her.

I apply one final coat of lipstick as Raegan clears her throat.

"Uhm, by the way, Charles called Lando yesterday, asking for details about your date." I look at her in surprise for a brief moment before my expression changes to annoyance.

"Please tell me Lando kept his mouth shut? You know Charles, he'll probably show up 'by accident' and ruin the date, start making comments like he did to Davide." I raise my eyebrows.

"Of course he kept his mouth shut! I told him I'd kill him if he said something and after that you would kill him again." I let out a relieved sigh. I would have probably died on the spot if he showed up.

No matter how hard I try to suppress it, I can't stop the words that leave my mouth next, "Did he say anything else?"

Raegan also seems surprised by my question because she just looks at me confused. But she quickly understands, "Uh, I'm not sure how to put it. His reaction was kind of strange, he even seemed a little angry."

"Why angry?"

I can see her shrugging. "Well, because he..."

Before she can say it, I interrupt her. I know exactly what she wants to say and I don't want to hear it, Charles had his chance and he decided to ruin it with Amelie.

"I have to go now too. I love you."

Just as I'm about to hang up, Raegan speaks up: "Remember there is game night with Lando and me after your date, no excuses! We haven't played cluedo in ages. Love you! Have fun!" And then she hangs up.

Smiling, I shake my head at her. I check my outfit one last time in the mirror before taking my bag and keys from the sideboard and leaving the apartment.

✧·: *✧·:

An hour or so after leaving my apartment I arrived in Monaco and walked to Café de Paris. Nicolas and I had agreed that we would meet right here for coffee and some cake.

He had chosen the café as the place for our first date. I was almost 10 minutes early, but I'd rather be early than late.

But now, 30 minutes after I arrived, I realise this mantra doesn't appear to be something Nicolas lives by, considering I'm still standing in front of the café, waiting for him.

Annoyed, I look at my watch again. He's already 20 minutes late and I'm now doubting whether he'll even show up. I'm just about to dial Raegan's number to tell her I'm coming over when I see him leisurely walking from around the corner.

Anger is starting to brew inside me but I put a pained smile on my face. I've been waiting for him for 20 minutes and he has the nerve to leisurely stroll around?

I quickly look around to my left and right, maybe there is still a way I can get away inconspicuously. But it's too late.

"Liana?" I hear a voice asking right in front of me.

"Hello." I don't try to hide my discomfort, but he doesn't seem to pick up on it, or he has decided to just ignore it. This will be an interesting date, what a great start.