𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝚝𝚠𝚎𝚗𝚝𝚢-𝚎𝚒𝚐𝚑𝚝

Friday ended rather uneventfully. I managed to avoid Amelie for the rest of the day which I was super grateful for. After a long day at the track, Carlos and I ended up ordering room service and falling asleep not much later while watching some kind of Spanish game show.

Today is qualifying day and from what I've learnt over the last few months spending time with Carlos, he needs a big breakfast before going to the track. So here we are, sitting in the hotel restaurant at 6:45 am having breakfast. I ordered some porridge but Carlos went all out. He ordered waffles, scrambled eggs, bacon and a fruit salad. 'For balance' was his answer when I looked at him amused.

"Are you sure you don't want to try the waffles, linda? They are amazing." He already holds his fork out to me.

"Okay, calm down Gordon Ramsay." I laugh but take the fork out of his hand and try the waffle. He is not lying, it is really good. Satisfied he takes back his fork and continues eating his breakfast.

We enjoy our food in peace when I suddenly see two people approaching our table.

"Morning, do you mind?" I recognise the voice straight away. I see Carlos nodding, I want to kill him for that. I want to spend my (way too) early breakfast in peace. Not with Charles Leclerc.

"Chica, you look so good." and he brought his little screechy puppy with him. Please god, take me with you!

"Thank you. So do you." All my attention is now back to my porridge. Hopefully this small interaction was enough for her and she will give all her attention to her boyfriend now.

I can hear Charles and Carlos talking about qualifying today and their chances for the race tomorrow. Can this breakfast please be over? I finished my porridge a while ago but because Carlos is constantly talking his plate is still packed.

"So Liana, Carlos how exactly did you meet?" My head snaps up and I now look Charles straight in the eyes. What is his evil plan? He grins at me with one of these mischievous smiles. I do not support violence in any way but right now there is nothing I would rather want to do than punch that smile off his face.

"Oh yes, I really want to know too. You guys are so cute! Charles and I met such a long time ago and ..." She has got to be kidding me.

It's like all the words I knew left my brain because I can't think of any to answer. This situation is so surreal. I'll need to tell Raegan about it later, she won't believe it. She told me yesterday that she never really warmed up to Amelie and I totally get why. From what I can hear, Carlos is giving both of them an in-depth summary about how we met, how we went out together and in the end, how he asked me to be his girlfriend. This whole situation is making me so uncomfortable. The guy I had sex with (who also used me to cheat on his girlfriend with, the girlfriend who is now sat next to me, smiling and being incredibly annoying) and my boyfriend who has no idea about the little "history" Charles and I have.

When I think this breakfast cannot get any worse, Amelie opens her mouth to say something again. "Liana, I think we should get lunch together. I mean how cute would it be if the Ferrari girlfriends become besties?" Can't think of anything worse to be precise. I look at her first, she looks at me with a hopeful and excited smile, my head moves over to the person sitting opposite her. Charles tries to hide his amused face, by stuffing it with food, and Carlos just looks at me with a soft smile. He told me yesterday that he thinks Amelie is super annoying but she is still his teammate's girlfriend so he tries to be nice to her. He is a better human than I am because my reaction is completely different.

I get up from my chair with a little bit too much power, so the chair almost falls over. "Excuse me but I don't feel too great. Carlos, I'll wait in the car for you. Goodbye." trying not to be too obvious I hurry out of the restaurant.