𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝚝𝚠𝚎𝚗𝚝𝚢-𝚗𝚒𝚗𝚎

Ever since yesterday evening, Carlos has been quiet. I met him after qualifying, but he had work to do with the engineers so I just sat in the back of the garage alone, I tried talking to him back at the hotel but received short answers. He went to sleep early, and got up early this morning.

This morning, we had breakfast with Raegan and Lando, but even there he was quiet. There is something wrong, and I need to get to the bottom of it.

We'd returned to our hotel room, to grab a few bits before leaving. It was an uncomfortable silence.

"Carlos, is everything okay?" I look at him, he turns away from me to start searching through his bag - no idea for what.

He doesn't respond.

"Carlos? Hello?"

He lets out a big sigh.

"I am just stressed, it is my home race, I could really do with my girlfriend by my side and not trying to avoid me and Ferrari because there is an annoying girl there."

This is the first time Amelie has been in the garage whilst I'm there, and she's already caused an argument between Carlos and I. This is all Charles' fault.. how you might wonder? Well, he is the one who bought her here on Carlos' home race weekend.

I get up and walk over to Carlos and give him a hug from behind, "I'm sorry, I'll be in the garage today." I kiss the top of his head, ".. but I don't want to sit with her."

"Liana, please." He turns around and looks right in my eyes, "What happened to no arguements this weekend? That includes us. Can you just be nice? For today, for me?"

"Okay, okay. For you, because it's your home race."

He smiles, gives me a soft kiss, and we leave the hotel to head to the track.

✧·.: *✧·.:

We arrive at the track, and greet some fans. I still tend to stand back from Carlos unless someone specifically wants to speak to me. It was really lovely this morning, as there was two girls who spoke to me all about baking and cakes - I could have stood there for hours.

The situation with Carlos still felt frosty, but I wasn't going to let it ruin what will be a good day. The sun was shining in the paddock, we were in Barcelona, Carlos' home race. Perfect.

To try and remedy the situation with Carlos, I decided to be extra nice to Amelie. SO nice.

I went into the garage with Carlos a few hours prior to the race. I could see Charles and Amelie in the garage next door when I went towards the back every so often. Charles was intently looking at data, Amelie was taking selfies.

After a short while, Carlos came over to speak to me. Of course, as per usual, Charles wasn't far away - butting into the conversation to talk about the upcoming race.

Amelie was still taking selfies, and was on her phone. I just stood awkwardly as Carlos spoke to Charles.

In the spirit of niceties, and for Carlos' sake, I decided to make a grand gesture which would definitely pay me back in the future.

"Amelie?" She looks up at me, "I'm craving an iced coffee, shall we go and get one?"

She yelps, "Oh my god, yes I would love one! Come on lets go." She links my arm, and we start to walk away before being interrupted.

"Not yet, come here.." I turn around, it was Charles, he was talking to Amelie.

Amelie lets my arm drop and essentially jumps Charles in the garage, they kissed like two desperate teenagers who haven't seen each other in a month. It is sickening. I look at Carlos with an exasperated face, so he knows how painful being around her is. He mouths 'thank you' at me, and that little token of gratitude is enough to wipe away the pain of being around Amelie for an extended period of time. Carlos heads back into his garage after that, to look at more data.