𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝚝𝚠𝚎𝚗𝚝𝚢-𝚝𝚠𝚘

I've been pacing up and down Raegan and Lando's apartment for the last two hours. If I don't stop, I'm going to need to change because I will be sweaty. Well, I'm already sweaty from nerves. I've been ready and waiting for Carlos to pick me up for the past 3 hours already.

"Oh my god, I'm so nervous. I think I might throw up. What if you are both wrong and he just wants to end it with me?" I look at Lando and Raegan anxiously, they look at me from their spot on the couch with amused faces. "GUYS I don't know what's so funny about this." I almost cry out.

I don't think I've ever been so nervous for a date in my life, especially not when I've already been out with the person before.

"Liana, please sit down. It is not going to be bad!" Lando now stands next to me and pushes me down into one of the chairs across from Rae.

"I will make you a coffee and you will be fine." He gives my shoulder a soft squeeze.

"Do you maybe have a glass of wine for me?" giving him my best puppy eyes he can't help but laugh. Shaking his head, he leaves the room to hopefully get me my glass of wine.

"Li, Lando is right. You need to calm down. It will be perfect, I promise." Raegan takes my hand in hers and tries to comfort me by rubbing her thumb over the back of my hand over and over again.

"I really like him, Rae and that scares me so much."

"I know it does, but Carlos really likes you too and has so much admiration for you, trust me, he is not taking you out to dump you!"

Lando comes in and hands me a glass of red wine just as the doorbell rings. My eyes widen immediately. Is it really that time already? My god, I completely lost track of time again.

Not knowing how to act, a nervous impulse makes me drown my wine without even thinking twice.

"Li, oh my god what are you doing?" Rae laughs and takes the glass out of my hand.

Lando is already on the way to open the door.

"Do I look okay?" I ask her.

"You look beautiful! Carlos will love it. He will probably also love to take it off." Jesus Christ why is she like that!? "I'm joking. Stop worrying so much."

Just as I put my heels on, Lando calls me from the front door, "Liana, it's for you!" I take one more deep breath, a smile at Raegan to compost myself before I make my way to the door.

I stop in the hallway and take a second to look at Carlos, who is currently still in a deep conversation with Lando. He is wearing a dark grey suit and a white shirt. Rae gives me a littel push forward. That's when Carlos notices me. His face immediately lights up, and I notice the bouquet of pink peonies he is holding. Peonies are my favourite flowers, especially pink ones, I have no idea how he knew this. I guess this is what Raegan meant when she said he always texts Lando for my favourite things.

"Hi, mi linda." his voice is soft when he steps closer to me and places a soft kiss on my lips. "These are for you." he gives me the flowers and I smile. I still can't shake the feeling that something is off, is he giving me flowers before he delivers the final blow?

In the back I can hear an excited gasp from Rae. I can't lie, just as excited as her. We've never kissed in front of anyone, except that one drunk night at Jimmy'z and a few forehead kisses on the boat.

"Hey Doc, thank you so much." I take the flowers, and just stand there grinning. I probably look like a psycho the way I'm smiling at Carlos.

"You look stunning." I don't even know how to talk at this point. Like two idiots, Carlos and I just stare at each other with pathetic smiles on our faces. It's giving me flashbacks to that very first night where Max introduced me to everyone and I just stood there smiling and looking at everyone.