𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝚏𝚒𝚏𝚝𝚢-𝚜𝚎𝚟𝚎𝚗

Charles POV

I've been trying to avoid the topic of Liana with Carlos for a few weeks now, but I noticed that he has done the same.

In Zandvoort, outside of team meetings, driver briefings and any media work we had to do, I don't think Carlos said more than a hello to me. I had guessed this was probably because of the pictures of Liana and I on the gossip page. I had guessed that he saw them.

Monza, there were a few words exchanged between us - he spoke to me about Liana being with McLaren, just trying to stay out her way. Before he told me it was none of my business who she was walking round with, ironic when you think about everything that happened that weekend. He spoke to me more when Amelie was back around, he spoke to Amelie as well after said said she'd had an awful time in the Paddock Club with Liana and Raegan because they ignored her.

Singapore, it was okay. Carlos and I were talking fairly normal, and we sat to have lunch together on practice day. Everything was returning to normal, until my phone lit up on the table, both Carlos and I looked down and it was Liana sending me TikToks... five in a row to be precise. I looked up at Carlos, probably with a look of mild horror before he got up without looking me in the eye and telling me he had to get back to work.

I went for dinner with Pierre that evening where I told him what happened, he insisted that it probably meant nothing, Carlos hadn't noticed and probably just felt a bit off at the sight of her name. I agreed that maybe I was overthinking it a bit so I tried to act normal with Carlos for the rest of the weekend, no awkwardness - however it wasn't that easy, Carlos was definitely trying to stay out of my way.

And right now, before heading back to Monaco on Monday after the Asian leg of the championship, we are in Japan. Yuki has invited all of us to a restaurant for private dining, an evening of Japanese food, and entertainment. The entertainment being karaoke, as we are in Japan. Sebastian Vettel is here, he is in Japan this weekend doing some work for the bees so has joined us for Yuki's dinner this evening.

I'm sat with Lando to my left, and Logan Sargeant to my right. Pierre is sat opposite me, and Carlos is to his right - putting him in front of Lando. Max is sat further down the table with Seb, Daniel, Lewis and Valtteri.

I spent most of the time talking to Logan, we was talking about the different memes on the internet, including the 'what the fuck is a kilometer' trend surrounding him. Just to confirm, he does in fact know what a Kilometre is. Lando had interrupted to tell us that they use the imperial system in the UK as well, but it did take some getting used to kilometres. Somehow the conversation turned into a debate between units of measurement.. you'd think we would have more exciting things to talk about.

We finished the final course, and were sat drinking tea when Yuki announces the Karaoke and pulls Pierre up to start the evening with a beautiful rendition of 'Hello' by Adele. A piece of paper is passed round for people to sign up for their song, on the very top was Daniel who had of course signed up for 'Wagon Wheel' - we expect nothing else. Alex was sat opposite Logan, who suggested he should sign up to sing the Star Spangled Banner. I feel a bit sorry for him, he does get ripped apart for being American.

Pierre and Yuki finish screaming, and we all applaud as they come to sit down and Daniel runs to take the mic with Max in tow.

"That was amazing mate," I tell Pierre, who sits down breathless.

"You should have a go, it's so much fun."

"I wouldn't even know what to sing," I state.

"Maybe you should sing 'You Belong With Me' by Taylor Swift, Lando can film it and send it to Li." good one Pierre. My stomach jumps as I notice Logan and Yuki look at me with their mouths open. Carlos on the other hand, I can't read his face.