𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝚏𝚘𝚛𝚝𝚢-𝚗𝚒𝚗𝚎

Charles POV

Who was that? I think to myself as I walk away. And how does he know my Liana, and why is he calling her 'Ana'. She is Li, right? My Li.

Well, she's not mine. Is she? Not yet. We're going to explore things further after this weekend, well I thought so anyway. But she seemed pretty friendly with whoever that was she was talking to back there.

Also, 'old friends' what type of excuse is that, I saw them laughing and joking and oh my god I've just realised I'm jealous. Liana and I should have spoken about what we are in the car, I should have said that we are exclusive.

Davide, what type of name is that? He looks like a complete idiot as well, he's tall, well-built, tanned skin and dark hair. They looked good standing together, she looked comfortable and relaxed.

Is that Liana's type? Because that isn't me. I tan a bit, but I usually just sunburn.

I get into Ferrari and sit in the morning meeting. Fred starts talking about strategy for this weekend before the first practice session later today. I can't concentrate, I keep thinking about Liana and Davide.

"Charles..."

I look out the window and see Liana and Davide walking through the paddock talking and laughing. I'm sure I notice he puts his arm around her shoulder and gives her a squeeze.

"Charles!"

I think about when we were in the car on the way here, and the happiness on her face when we crossed the border into Italy.

"Charles, are you listening to me?" I feel a kick under the table and my attention is pulled back, everyone in the room is looking at me.

"Sorry I was daydreaming." A better excuse than announcing to the room what I was really thinking about, especially in front of the girl I like's ex-boyfriend who broke up with her over me. Complicated.

"Right, well daydreaming won't get you a win. Carlos, you're the priority this weekend, we'll plan practice sessions and qualifying strategy on getting Carlos up there." Says Fred.

"No I'm sorry what the fuck?" I exclaim.

"Charles, maybe if you were focussed then it would be different, but whilst you can't pay attention in meetings we'll put our priority with someone who can. Everyone is dismissed." I let out a disgruntled sigh and head out the room.

"Charles.." Carlos shouts from behind me. I turn around and look at him. "Is everything ok?" He asks. I can't tell him what is really going on can I.

"Erm yeah, you okay?" I ask back.

"Yeah. I heard Liana is here with McLaren this weekend so I'm just trying to keep my head down and stay out their way." The sound of him saying her name brings a wave of guilt over me. Maybe he doesn't know what happened over summer break. I take this opportunity to try and find out more.

"Oh yeah, I thought I saw her earlier, she was with some guy, no idea who."

"Hmm... she probably knows people around, she is Italian."

"I doubt she knows every person in Italy Carlos," I need to wind it in before he thinks I'm getting jealous... well, I am, but he doesn't need to know that.

"True, oh well. None of our business is it." He says.

"You're right. Good luck in practice." I turn around and walk off.

I waited long enough to be with Liana, to have her around me. We waited so long to be happy, we don't need some random Italian man bulldozing what we are building.