𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝚏𝚒𝚏𝚝𝚢-𝚏𝚘𝚞𝚛

"Can you believe I was stupid enough to think Lando would actually really cheat on me?" Raegan puts a new tray of sausage rolls in the oven while I'm finishing a tray of sfogliatella.

I give her a look that says nothing less than 'That's not a serious question, is it?'

Raegan grins crookedly, "I know, I know! I'm so glad we were able to work things out. What would I do without him?" I clear my throat and I see Raegan roll her eyes, but at the same time, an even bigger grin spreads across her lips, "Obviously you too!" She sticks her tongue out at me, which makes me laugh.

We continue working on our pastries when Raegan turns to me and asks "Have you talked to Charles?"

I shake my head. "No, and I'm not planning on it either."

"Li, he got you peonies! Your favourite flowers. He is really trying. He wants to make up for what he did!" She's really trying to convince me, I don't know what has switched in her head that has turned her into a supporter of mine and Charles 'relationship'.

"Rae, drop it please. I'm not interested in making up with him. He fucked up and I've had enough of men. So can we please talk about something else?" I look at her pleading.

"By the way, I'll ask Lando if he can send me the presentation. You have to see it!" What a change of topic. I blow her a kiss to show her how grateful I am but at the same time my face shows that I am not really too convinced if I want to see the presentation or not... after what it might include.

"It's all PG! Amelie's pictures were covered with Rufus from Kim Possible."

"Oh my god, okay, this is awesome! I definitely want to see the presentation."

"You'll love it." She presses a kiss on my cheek. "I'm sending Flora home now, she wanted to leave early today, so I'll finish up the last few customers"

While Raegan serves customers at the front, I decorate a cake that a customer ordered for her dogs' birthday party. Yes, that's right. She is having a birthday party for her dogs. The cake is for 50 (human) guests she invited over. Monaco is just crazy.

As I write the message on the cake in large letters, my thoughts turn to Charles. He hasn't stopped texting me even though I haven't responded since my George meme. I'm also still ignoring his calls.

After putting the cake in the fridge, I lean my forehead against the cool door. As mad as I am at him, I miss him. I miss our nights together but I miss even more how carefree it was with him. I miss joking with him and teasing him.

A pained groan escapes me.

Maybe I should just become a nun and stay away from men forever.

✧·: *✧·:

As I'm about to join Raegan at the counter, I hear two more voices that sound all too familiar to me. I slowly open the door and my worst nightmare comes true. Charles stands with Lando across from Raegan and the three of them are deep in conversation.

None of them have noticed me yet, which gives me the opportunity to take a longer look at Charles.

He is wearing a pair of loose jeans and a gray jumper, his hair is messy and he just looks so good.

Ugh! Liana stop thinking about Charles! He does not look good.

I'm about to disappear to the back unnoticed when Charles looks up and looks me straight in the eye.

A slight smile appears on his lips, but it immediately disappears when he sees my cold gaze.

"Hi, Li." He clears his throat and the attention of my best friend and her better half now turns to me as well.