𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝚜𝚒𝚡𝚝𝚢-𝚏𝚘𝚞𝚛

Over the last two weeks, Raegan and I have been busy trying out some new recipes for the holiday season.

Lando's trainer Jon will kill him if he has one more pastry or little cake so he's going to stop coming in as much, Flora has got to the point where she hides out the front of the bakery because she is sick of us force feeding her 20 different things to try during her shift. I mean who can blame them, but we need their honest feedback. Although, saying that, I don't think we can really rely on Lando's opinion, we all know he would say anything just to make Raegan happy.

We also got Mrs. Marti involved, she was too brutally honest and came in with a whole list of feedback two days later. One day recently, Arthur stopped by to get some cannolis for his mum, and a few of our attempts ended up in his box too.

But unlike having seen Arthur, I haven't seen his brother since his visit to Little Britaly a while ago. Now and then he would send me a message or a TikTok, but I didn't really have the brain capacity to answer him.

There is absolute chaos in my head when it comes to him.

I just can't sort out my feelings and if I'm being honest, the last two weeks I've just been trying to distract myself so that I don't even have to think about him.

"Earth to Liana. Are you okay?" My best friend's voice pulls me out of my thoughts. Confused, I turn my gaze away from the shop window, which I must have been staring at for the last few minutes.

"Hm?" I look at Raegan. She turns her head and starts laughing out loud at the sight of the APM Monaco ad.

"He's really everywhere, isn't he?" I join in her laughter as I link my arm with hers and pull her towards Zara. She's right, you really can't escape Charles in Monaco.

Lando is in Mexico this week, so Rae and I are using our day off to shop for a few outfits for Vegas and Abu Dhabi. I still can't believe that in a few weeks I'll be going on a real vacation for the first time in ages, to Vegas! Since we've owned the bakery, I've mostly had to put vacations on the back burner, if I'm honest, I wouldn't trade it for anything, the bakery is so rewarding, but it's still nice to finally get away for once.

✧·: *✧·:

"I think it looks great on you, it's sexy but not slutty." giggles Raegan as I step in front of her wearing the sixth outfit I have taken with me into the changing room.

"What a flattering compliment!" I playfully roll my eyes, "I'll try on the others too and then we can move on." Raegan had already decided on several outfits, but I'm still not completely convinced about my choices.

I'm just pulling the dress over my head when my best friend sticks her head into the changing room. Startled, I hold the dress in front of my naked upper body, "Raegan! What is it? I'll be right out. What happened to privacy?!" Sometimes she is unbelievable. Well, not sometimes, always, but I still love her.

"I just wanted to make sure this one looked good. We'll look so good in Vegas and Abu Dhabi. I just can't wait to party with you again! And I have to check if the outfit is something Charles would like too. I mean, if I like them, he probably will too. I also just sent Lando a picture of the dress before and he says it looks great." She wiggles her eyebrows meaningfully. I huff in annoyance and reach for the next dress.

"Rae, I don't have to look good for anyone, especially not Charles." I affirm.

She is now standing next to me and I have to say that these changing rooms were not designed for two people. "Yes, I know that and I didn't mean it like that, but it would be nice if Charles saw what he was missing." She winks at me through the reflection.