𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝚎𝚒𝚐𝚑𝚝𝚎𝚎𝚗

Raegan and I are back in the bakery. We haven't been here together in such a long time. Since she's been travelling with Lando a lot, Flora has helped me more than usual over the last few weeks.

We're working next to each other on our pastries in silence, but not a comfortable one. Even though we had a nice movie night together with the boys back in Baku, something seems off.

I place the last batch of eclairs in the oven. Exhausted, I lean against the counter, watching Raegan bobbing her head along to the music playing in the background. She hasn't said much to me besides from "good morning" earlier when she gave me a quick hug.

Me being me, I can't help but ask, "Rae, is there something going on with you?"

"It's nothing, I literally just miss Lando." She can't even look me in the eyes, she is definitely hiding something. Why would she lie to me? We are always honest with one another. But before I get the chance to dig deeper Flora enters the kitchen. "Hey girls, someone named Léon Jacquet just asked for you."

Rae and I immediately turn our heads, to look at each other with our eyes wide open. Everyone who is just a little interested in French patisserie knows who Léon Jacquet is. Léon Jacquet is a former pastry chef who now owns multiple patisseries all over the world. A few years ago he published his magazine 'Le Délice Pâtissier,' which focuses on reviewing fine bakeries and patisseries all over the world. A lot of people admire him but there are even more people who fear him. Whenever he reviews a bakery in his magazine, the reviews literally can decide someones future. I've heard of people needing to close their bakeries, because the customers stay away just based on his opinion.

What is he doing here?

"Girls, are you okay?" You could hear the slight concern in Flora's voice.

Rae and I are still staring at each other, afraid to say something or even move a bit.

"I think you should talk to him." She says after a few more - what felt like hours - seconds.

"What? Why? No!" There is no way. The man out there is a legend in his field, I'm not going out there alone to embarrass myself. This would be the end of our bakery. No way.

"Because you can talk to people. You know me, when I get nervous I only talk nonsense." I can sense the nervousness in her voice but I'm still not doing this alone. It's our bakery and either we succeed together or we lose together. So if this moment here decides the future of our bakery, at least we will shape it together.

"We go together. It's our bakery, we work together, we learnt together, we either go together or Flora will tell him to leave. I'm not going alone." Wow, that actually sounded more confident than I thought it would so I hope Rae catches on.

She takes a deep breath. "Okay, but as soon as I start to talk rubbish either kill me or slap me. No, just kill me because I couldn't live with the disappointment or embarrassment."

"Not dramatic at all huh?" I try to give her a comforting smile even though I might pass out any second.

We both nod. That's the silent agreement we both needed. One last time we check our hair in one of the silver fridges as we follow Flora out to the front. And there he is. Sat in the very back, alone at a table, eating his eclair and drinking his coffee.

I don't think I can do it. I was about to turn around when Rae grabbed my arm. "Together or not at all."

Taking another deep breath we slowly walk over to the table. In the corner of my eye, I can see Flora giving us a thumbs-up.

When we reach his table none of us dare to say something. This is going to be the worst moment of my life.

Rae nudges me. I slightly turn my head giving her the death stare.