𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝚜𝚒𝚡𝚝𝚢-𝚗𝚒𝚗𝚎

It's Saturday, qualifying day. I sit up in bed and let out a giant yawn, it has been a busy few days. I check my watch, and see that it is 5pm... oops, I had a nap.

We haven't been to the track yet, but we will be heading there in not too long. The racing in Vegas is really late in the evening which is strange. Raegan had text to say Lando didn't get home til 4am in the morning because practice was delayed.

Raegan and I have been trying to keep our sleep patterns as normal as usual, despite the jet lag - so have spent the days hanging out and exploring Vegas before returning to the hotel.

Thursday, we went shopping on the strip, which was amazing - the stores were insane! Raegan bought way too much, I didn't buy anything and I refused to let Raegan and Lando buy anything for me as well after how much they've already spent this weekend.

Thursday afternoon was spent by the pool, just sunbathing and drinking champagne whilst a DJ played soft house music in the background - it was AMAZING. I went back to the hotel room slightly tipsy and then slept for about 13 hours.

Yesterday was also insane, we went sightseeing in the morning and went to the coolest bars and restaurants. Yesterday afternoon, Raegan and Lando had arranged for a helicopter ride over the Grand Canyon, the most perfect experience with my best friend. We held hands and screamed the whole journey, but the views were unbelievable. Lando was incredibly jealous that he wasn't able to make it, he would use any excuse to ride a helicopter - but the tour with just Raegan and I was perfect.

Yesterday evening was even better (it carries on getting better, I love Vegas) - we went to watch USHER?! Live at his residency. I have loved Usher since I was young, so it was an insane experience. And to stand holding hands with my best friend whilst singing Climax at the top of our lungs was everything.

And now it is Saturday, my mum this morning called to confirm Christmas plans and I croaked back at her - I maybe lost my voice ever so slightly last night. Raegan and I spent a bit more time sightseeing, and we went on a few rollercoasters throughout Vegas before coming back to the hotel for a nap - it is well needed before going to the track tonight, hopefully it isn't as late as last night.

I roll out of bed, and drag myself to the shower. I stand in the shower for way too long before finally getting out and collapsing on my bed in my towel.

That is when I hear banging on my door.

I decide to see if they'll go away, but it doesn't stop.

I groan, and go to see who is disturbing my peace.

"Took you long enough," says Raegan, before pushing her way into my room.

"Sorry, I didn't realise it was you. I can't get my shit together after the nap."

"That's so valid, I didn't have a great nap. Lando was awake and wanted to have a two hour conversation. I've had a few energy drinks though, and a coffee so I am buzzing."

I can tell.

Raegan jumps onto my bed, and I sit down in the chair to start doing my makeup.

"There's a lot of balloons in here," Raegan says, curiously.

"Oh yeah, I am so sorry, I completely forgot to thank you! It was a lovely surprise, despite accidentally popping them and finding confetti in everything I now own, the decorations were very appreciated, thank you so much." I smile up at her.

"What are you talking about?" she asks.

"The decorations? Thank you?"

"Oh it wasn't me." she says, nonchalantly, picking up her phone to text.