𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝚏𝚘𝚛𝚝𝚢-𝚜𝚎𝚟𝚎𝚗

I wake up and instantly feel something heavy across my waist. The now familiar cosiness of the duvet in this room does not strike me by surprise. I don't even need to turn around to work out who is in bed beside me. It's Charles.

It is weird to not wake up slightly distressed or alarmed because I actually made a sober decision to spend the night here. I had one glass of champagne yesterday to toast, so I can't actually blame it on that.

I'm comfy though, and happy. I can feel Charles' bare chest up against my back, moving in and out slowly as he breathes. The room is completely silent besides from the light breathing I can feel from behind me.

This is different to waking up with Carlos, I have different feelings and I can't really explain right now. It feels like relief, the way Charles and I have gone from being awful to each other, to wanting to spend every minute together. He makes me happy in a way that was different to Carlos, now this is not me doubting any of the feelings I did have for Carlos, and by no means am I saying that he didn't make me happy, it is just a completely different feeling now.

I'm still sceptical though, things seem too good to be true. Charles and I hated each other just a few weeks ago, or I mean, I thought that. Maybe it wasn't hate at all and we were just trying to mask our feelings. But what if something happens that causes us to fall back into the pattern of hate between us.

"How long have you been awake?" I hear a deep rumble from behind me. It makes me jump, so I quickly wiggle out of Charles arm and sit up. It made me jump, but also I am kind of embarrassed I woke up cuddled into him.

"Like twenty minutes or so," I reply.

"Hmm," he mumbles, with a large stretch and a yawn. I see all his muscles contracting as he stretches, what a sight. "I haven't got any breakfast today."

"No worries, didn't fancy being poisoned anyway." I laugh, and he gets up and starts getting dressed, "What are you doing?"

"Going to get breakfast?" He says, like it is obvious.

"No, Charles it's fine, honestly, we can just order in if you want something." I insist, as he is looking round for his wallet.

"Cherie, it's fine, I know where I am going and what I am getting,"

Cherie... my stomach does a little flip.

"If you insist, do you want me to come with you?"

"No," he smiles, walks over, gives me a small peck on the lips - which took me by surprise to be honest, and shortly after leaves.

The peck on the lips, calling me cherie. It is taking me by surprise, where are we going with this? I had thought that most of this stemmed from physical attraction, there is no denying that we are attracted to each other, but I can't help but think, and notice that things are changing between us.

Last night, or earlier this morning, we got home both completely sober - went to bed, put a film on Netflix and cuddled. We watched a film whilst cuddled - what even? And then we both fell asleep, without anything else happening between us. Just a cuddle and a film.

I can't help but think even more now I am alone, what is actually going on? Last night, when our friends saw that cursed gossip post, I told Raegan that things weren't really serious, and Charles actually questioned my statement, "aren't they?" he said.

It feels like everyday the dynamic of our relationship is changing, and I'm not entirely sure how to feel about it.

I've admitted to myself that I do like him, in a way that would have been laughable a few weeks ago. I think that I felt dejected having seen the pictures of him and Amelie that first time I was in his apartment, and it was easier for me to mask my feelings with a barrage of hate rather than face up to the fact that I felt guilty and upset having slept with someone I assumed had a girlfriend.