𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝚏𝚘𝚛𝚝𝚢-𝚏𝚘𝚞𝚛

"Is he still acting weird?" I'm sitting on Raegan's kitchen island snacking on an apple while my best friend cooks jam. I don't know who would get the idea of cooking jam in the summer but here she is.

She always used to cook or bake whenever she is stressed but that hasn't happened in a while.

My best friend nods her head.

"Hm, and he said it's nothing?"

After she told me a few days ago that she just wanted to be alone, she texted me today as soon as Lando left the house, and asked me if I could come over.

"Yes." she sighs annoyed. "I quote 'babe it's nothing, I don't know why you are asking me every day'. He is not even snappy about it, which annoys me even more. But he is acting weird. I feel like I'm turning into you when you thought Charles acted weird."

"Thank you!" I say playfully offended whilst I watch Raegan add about another half container of sugar. "Hun, do you want the people eating your jam to get diabetes or what's your mission?"

"Haha, super funny. It's my nan's recipe and it says 'add a lot of sugar'." But even Raegan can't hide her smile from me. "But anyway, I wish he would just tell me what's going on with him."

"I get that but maybe it's really nothing serious." I try to calm her, I'm almost a hundred percent certain that it's really nothing but after my relationship with Davide I understand that sometimes being a little bit more cautious is not necessarily the worst thing.

"I know." and with that her whole attention is back to the big pot in front of her.

For a while we just hum along to Taylor Swifts 'Speak Now' (Taylors Version obviously) until Raegan suddenly turns around to me.

"How come you went to see Barbie with Charles?"

I should have known better than to think that she would not question me about it. She looks at me invitingly, while I try to avoid her gaze.

Come on, Liana. Think about something that does not sound as crazy as 'Charles and I decided to go to the movies as friends'. Even though this would be the truth, my best friend would never believe me.

But since I decided to not lie to my best friend anymore, she now has to live with the weird truth.

"Well, he asked me to hang out as friends and since we didn't really know what to do, we went and saw Barbie."

Raegan stands in front of me with her jaw hung to the floor.

"What?" I look at her with an amused face.

"You are not denying you went with him?"

"No lying anymore, you remember?"

She replies to my wink with the biggest eye roll I've probably ever seen from her.

"I can't believe it. Are you something like friends now?" Her focus is already back to her jam but I know she listens carefully to what I am going to say next.

"Yeah something like that."

Just when she was about to answer, her phone started ringing. She puts the wooden spoon in my hand and points to the pot with her head, basically telling me to keep stirring.

"Hi Kelly,..."

While she is on her phone I think back to what I just told her. Yes, Charles and I said we are now friends but it still feels weird. All the feelings I get when I think about him or when he says the things he tells me. They are different to how I felt with Carlos. But different doesn't always mean worse, right?