𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝚏𝚒𝚏𝚝𝚢-𝚝𝚑𝚛𝚎𝚎

Raegan POV

It's Tuesday morning and I wake up amongst what feels like a thousand pillows and blankets, I'm at Liana's. After we drove back here yesterday I didn't really feel like going back to the apartment so Li offered that I stay here. It's been a while since I stayed overnight here, as she usually just comes over to mine.

I have Lando on my mind, I wonder where he stayed last night, I wonder if he is still as upset as when I saw him yesterday morning, I wonder if he is with Carlos, did they go out last night? I was supposed to be in Milan with him til today, Liana was going to take us for some real Italian food and she wanted to show us her Milan. I feel bad for cutting her trip short too, but I really feel like she wanted to come back home as well.

This is the biggest argument we have ever had, I don't think we've gone this long without speaking since we first met... and it's only been 24 hours. I do feel bad for not hearing him out, but I just couldn't bring myself to speak to him yesterday. I needed space to breathe and think, but his face when I told him I didn't want to see or speak to him is just replaying in my mind. I never wanted to hurt him, I just needed time for myself.

I roll over and let out a sigh when I notice I'm in Liana's bed on my own, she must have already got up.

I yawn, stretch, and sit up in bed, before walking into the kitchen.

Liana is in the kitchen cooking breakfast, with some Olivia Rodrigo on the radio, and a smile on her face as she bops around.

"Morning," I grunt, as I walk over to where her breakfast bar is.

"Good morning my beautiful best friend, how did you sleep? I've made you a full english breakfast, to remind you of home." she grins. Why is she in such a good mood?

"Wow, what have I done to deserve this?" I smile back at her, despite her flaws, Liana is really one of the most thoughtful people I know.

"It is to apologise Rae, so here, I'm sorry and I love you. Also it's impossible to get hash browns in France, so you just have fries instead... is that ok?"

"Wait, what are you apologising for?! And chips are absolutely fine," I laugh.

"I feel partially responsible for what happened, it's one huge chain reaction all stemming from me sleeping with Charles, and has ended in me being nice to Charles and then him bringing Amelie back which lead to yours and Lando's argument. So it is my fault really. So, I'm sorry... really. I paid €5 for a tin of Heinz Baked Beans because Google said they were the best, I went to a supermarket selling English food and everything." I start to well up as she talks, I can see how she might hold herself responsible, but it is really not her fault. "Oh Rae, stop crying, please!"

"No, I'm okay, it's just... it's not your fault Liana. Please don't blame yourself, Lando is responsible for his own actions, and Amelie is responsible for hers. This still might have happened even if it wasn't for all that. I still love you, more than everyone, even Lando right now." I burst into a full on sob as I start talking about him.

Liana stops plating up and comes over to give me a giant hug as I cry into her.

"Come on Rae, let's eat breakfast to start the day. Someone once told me that a good breakfast always sets you up for a good day." I notice how she pauses for a second, and the smile on her face drops slightly and she looks deep in thought.

"Was it Charles who told you that?" I ask, I mean, it's pretty obvious from the look on her face.

"I don't know, never mind." she brushes it off, and gives me a plate with a full english breakfast, just with chips instead of hash browns. "Enjoy breakfast! And tell me what your plans are for today?"