𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝚝𝚑𝚒𝚛𝚝𝚢-𝚏𝚒𝚟𝚎

It's dark outside, I'm awake. I roll over to check the time on my phone, 4:30am Sunday morning. I haven't slept all night, well I haven't slept the past few nights. There is one thing on my brain - well rather one person.

Charles Leclerc.

And I know, you're probably thinking "Liana why?" I've been telling myself for weeks I'm gonna forget him and focus on Carlos but I can't. And I can't explain it, and he isn't helping.

The night we arrived we found out that him and Amelie are over, he had started to say something when we were outside our hotel rooms, but he finished with "Never mind, I'm sorry. I'll leave you alone."

He'll leave me alone? What has changed, he has done nothing but irritate me and try and get in the way of my relationship for the past couple of months, and now he is leaving me alone?

In the garage, Friday and Saturday he stayed out of my way. He didn't approach Carlos and I once like he usually does. During lunch on Friday, he sat at a different table on his own in the Ferrari canteen rather than pulling up a chair to our table.

He has stopped giving me those looks every time I am around, or nearby.

He walked into Carlos' driver room when we was both in there, but decided to turn around and tell Carlos he would 'come back later.'

It isn't right, he is acting too... normal? But it's so normal, that it is not normal, you know? Why is he acting like this now. Why has he stopped caring? Why has he stopped paying attention?

I roll over and let out a loud huff, it is now 5am. I decide to get ready and go for an early morning run to try and clear my head.

I put on my jacket, some shorts and my trainers and leave the hotel. I put my angry running playlist on, 'MANTRA' by Bring Me The Horizon starts playing and I begin my run.

Around an hour later I'm finished, exhausted, ready to collapse so I head back to the hotel.

I enter the lobby, and pull out my phone to look at the time - just checking whether breakfast is open yet so I can grab a coffee.

The moment I look down at my phone, I collide with someone who is seemingly doing the same.

I look up and the first thing I notice is the Ferrari workout attire, the same as what Carlos wears when he works out.

I look up further and I'm met with the taunting face that has been on my mind all night, Charles.

"You should really look where you're going," I say to him with a scowl.

"Erm, yeah. Sorry Liana, are you okay?" He asks, standing and shuffling awkwardly.

"I'm fine."

"You've been out for a very early morning run," well observed, Einstein.

"Yeah, I couldn't sleep well." Because of his stupid face floating around my brain.

"Oh, sorry to hear. I hope your run helped and you can go back and have a small nap now, see you and Carlos later." He smiles, and then carries on walking out the hotel doors.

I am dumbfounded, what even was that? The old Charles would have blamed me for running into him, the old Charles would have made sarcastic comments, the old Charles would definitely have not wished me a nice nap and said 'see you later'.

I get back up to mine and Carlos' room and try to walk in slowly and quietly, the door has other ideas and slams itself shut. With that, Carlos starts to stir and looks over at me creeping in the room on my tiptoes.

"Buen día, mi amor. Where have you been?" His husky morning voice is so attractive, and almost makes me forget about everything I've had on my mind.

"I just went for a run," I kick my trainers off and crawl back onto the bed.