𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝚏𝚘𝚛𝚝𝚢-𝚎𝚒𝚐𝚑𝚝

I'm sitting, waiting, in front of my front door with my packed suitcase. We agreed that Charles would pick me up from home at 10 am. Except, it is now 10:30 am and there is still no sign of Charles.

For what feels like now the 100th time, I look at my phone and read the message again - just in case I read wrong.

Yesterday

I'll pick you up at 10am tomorrow x

Awesome
Thank you x

xx

I'm about to call him again when his grey Ferrari 488 Pista turns into my road. The car stops in front of the building, and a frantic Charles walks towards me.

"I'm so sorry, I wanted to buy some snacks for the trip and then some fans approached me and..." Whilst he was still talking, he took my suitcase out my hand and gave me a quick kiss on the lips "... and well, then I kind of lost track of time a bit. Anyway, I'm sorry."

Charles is almost back at the car when he turns to see I'm still standing in the same place as before.

"Is everything okay?" he asks.

I don't know how to answer that. The quick kiss surprised me, it's not like we haven't kissed multiple times before (or done worse) but this time it felt different. It felt like the most natural thing in the world for him to greet me that way. My fingers touch the spot Charles just kissed and a small smile appears on my lips.

"Aw, who is a softie now?" he jokes.

Quickly snapped out of my thoughts, I give him the middle finger and get into the car.

"Well finally, I thought I was going to have to kiss you again to get you out of the stare." Charles can't stop grinning.

"Just drive." But I also have to try not to laugh.

We have almost a four hour drive ahead of us, so I grab my phone and start fiddling with the different buttons in the car to try and connect my phone.

Charles doesn't seem too happy, he slaps my fingers just as I'm about to press the forward button.

"Hey!" I give him a pretend angry stare.

"This is my car." he laughs.

"So what?! I want to play my music and I have to connect my phone to do that."

"No, and now please stop." His expression is now pleading.

A loud moan escapes my body. "Men and their cars."

Now he's laughing. Glad Charles finds it funny. It's going to be a boring 4 hours without music.

"I thought we could talk, but if you really want to put some music on, use my phone. It's already connected. The code is '1111'."