𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝚝𝚑𝚒𝚛𝚝𝚢-𝚝𝚠𝚘

Liana POV

It's been almost six weeks since Barcelona and our fight, Carlos has been away to Canada, Austria and last weekend Silverstone but every time he has been home we spent as much time together as possible. Things got better, mainly because I managed to stay as far away from Charles and Amelie as possible. While Carlos travelled the world I kept myself busy at the bakery. Raegan and I also spent some time together outside the bakery which was nice.

I think she was relieved that Carlos and I spoke to each other and made up. She dropped the topic of Charles completely and I'm grateful for it.

Speaking of my best friend, carrying a big box of fresh fruit she enters the kitchen. She text me this morning to say she would come in later, after stopping by the local market to get some fresh ingredients for the next few days.

I'm really excited to see her. She has been at Silverstone with Lando, they stayed a few days longer visiting family so it has been over a week since I last saw her.

"Hi, Rae. It's so good to see you! I missed you."

Without saying a word, she walks past me and puts the stuff on the counter in the kitchen.

What's going on?

"Hi, Liana. Nice to see you too!" I say with a slightly sassy undertone.

"Hello." Her voice is cold. She couldn't even look at me, she just continued sorting out the fruit.

I decide to leave her alone for now. For the rest of the morning, we just work next to each other in silence.

Around noon, I'm out the front stocking the counter when Raegan joins me. We are normally closed for about an hour around noon to prepare everything for the afternoon and the next day.

Raegan still hasn't talked to me after the 'hello' she gave me earlier and I can't take it anymore.

"How was Silverstone?" Maybe I'll able to figure out what the fuck is going on with her.

"Interesting." She replies.

Okay?!

"How come?"

"Just was." And with that she arranges the last sausage roll she had in her hand and leaves me standing alone again.

I sigh. What the hell happened at Silverstone?

Knowing me, I won't let this drop until I know what's going on. I leave the pastries in the front alone and follow my best friend to the kitchen.

"Raegan, for fucks sake, please talk to me. What happened at Silverstone? Did something happen with you and Lando? Stop ignoring me and tell me what's going on? Since when do we not tell each other everything?" I'm literally trying not to cry right now.

Raegan turns around with an angry look on her face. At least I caught her attention now.

"Oh, you want to talk about not telling each other everything? Well, maybe we should start with you. Is there anything you might want to tell me?" She has her arms crossed in front of her chest, looking at me with a prompting look.

Confusion now plastered over my face. What is she talking about?

"I don't know what you are talking about." That's not a lie. I seriously don't know what she is trying to get out of me.

"You can't even tell me the truth now!" Raegan's face is now bright red and if I'm not wrong I can see tears forming in her eyes. "If you really want to act dumb I can give you a clue. What happened after Jeddah? And don't you dare tell me again that the guy you left with was 'just a finance bro,'" Her voice is no longer considerate, she is almost screaming at me.