Real Men Don't Flinch Or Bleed In Public

Tommy's beginning to get used to the Hero Tower.

It'd been – what two weeks? Not even, and he's finally getting into the rhythm of things, which was relieving.

It's nice to not be completely lost and must awkwardly ask for directions to people around the building. Well, he still had to do that, but not every time he walked around the building, at this rate he could actually begin to look for things to blackmail the Hero Tower with.

And he was enjoying himself for the most part. The job was relatively easy, much to Tommy's surprise. Just jotting down notes and helping out with paperwork isn't too bad, excluding how boring it could get.

Don't get the villain wrong; he wasn't getting mushy on these fucking heroes or anything. It's still horrible having to work with those stuck-up idiots. But he couldn't deny that they're entertaining and occasionally funny.

Regardless, it was absolutely exhausting having to be working for eight hours a day. He didn't have a clue how people could just work like this. Tommy knew that it's getting bad, to the point where the dark circles under his eyes are beginning to look like bruises from his lack of sleep.

He could tell that he's looking worse by the looks people around him are giving him, obviously concerned but merciless enough to not comment on his appearance.

Luckily, the SBI hadn't said anything yet, but he's seen the worry looks they give him when they think he didn't notice. It's only a matter of time before they mention it, and that'd be great.

The blonde knocked on Phil's office door, ready to do whatever it was the heroes wanted him to do. Yesterday, they made him get some coffee, again, and make them some shitty lunch for the trio. It seemed like they're just as clueless for what Tommy should be doing due to his injury.

Once Phil shouted from inside the room that the door is open, the villain stepped inside and put on his TommyInnit CharmTM

"Hey Phil," Tommy greeted. "What's on the agenda today?" He questioned, sitting down on one of the three office chairs without invitation.

As always, Phil didn't seem to mind at the intern making himself comfortable. "Hi Tommy," The avian began. "Obviously, we don't want to be too rough on your hand right now. So, as you know, no writing. Because of that, we're kind of... not sure what you can do?" Phil winced at his sentence. "This job requires a lot of writing, and with your injury it's a struggle. We were thinking you can just..." The hero trailed off, not knowing what Tommy should do.

"I can take a few days off if you'd like?" Tommy proposed. "I'm not much of a use here so I can come back when my sprain heals over." The youngest internally begged Phil not to agree to this. He needed the money and being off his job wasn't an efficient way of doing so.

Phil sighed. "No- no, it's fine. You don't have to do that." He said, pinching the bridge of his nose, before moving his hand back down to his desk and offering a new idea. "How about you just, I don't know, keep us company?" Phil said, trying to smile but coming off as a grimace. "A big reason to why we hired you is to have a new face around, we wouldn't have much of an issue with you not doing much this week, then you can help us out with paperwork next week, when your hand starts to feel better."

Tommy nodded. "Sure, you are the boss after all."

Phil chuckled before they stayed silent for a moment, not knowing what to say.

"Do you uh- what do you want me to do?" Tommy asked.

"You can chat with me if you'd like, I have to write some emails to coworkers, but we can talk. You could also help me out to see if my writing is presentable enough." Phil rolled his eyes. "Ugh. I don't understand how we have to act all formal and fancy over emails when nobody likes it." He complained.