We Can't Rewind, We've Gone Too Far

Techno was running.

He grabbed a bag of some essentials in his apartment despite the risk of Heroes knocking at his door.

Wallet full of money, phone, weapons, some clothes, hygiene products, (if he wasn't allowed to keep his long hair brushed, then he would give himself up to the Hero Tower) along with a few other things.

Because apparently, they were all on the run.

Phil left it very vague over the phone, but Techno knew that it must be bad if they had to abandon their jobs and their home in one go.

All Phil told him was that they did something really bad for the sake of Wil's protection, and that it was a crime. So now, they couldn't stay at the Hero Tower with their already horrible reputation, and they most likely wouldn't be able to show their face in that building again.

Techno knew that Phil left it vague on the off chance someone was listening in or could access their phone call later on and use it against them, but Prime did he want to know what it was that happened.

This was a disaster, to put it lightly. He had no idea what was going on, but whatever it was, it was an absolute disaster.

He felt like with everything going on, he hadn't even had a moment to rest. Techno still hadn't processed everything Tommy had told him, much less the fact that Wilbur and Phil were most likely criminals.

He ducked into an alleyway as he saw Xisuma. Chances of seeing a Hero right now would lead him to being questioned at best, accused of playing a part whatever mistake Phil and Wilbur made and getting arrested at worst.

Techno held his panting breath when he saw Xisuma walking near the alleyway. Luckily, the man continued walking, oblivious to Techno being so close to him.

After waiting for a few minutes, he stuck his head out of the alleyway and was relieved to see nobody was around.

He began running again.

They were planning on meeting at an old location they went when Techno and Wil were children.

McPuffy's.

It felt like they spent half of their childhood there, eating burgers and drinking milkshakes. Strange how both Puffy and the two siblings became Heroes. Wilbur would say something ridiculous like it was fate, but considering his whole family was hiding from said Heroes, Techno didn't buy that.

Unfortunately, the building was long abandoned now, as it was in the lower districts and there wasn't much you could do with it when it was in such a strange location. Though, it was perfect for them to meet with each other.

He stared at the abandoned building, wooden planks covering the windows and the McPuffy's logo being so worn down he could hardly see it. A wave of bittersweet nostalgia washed over him as he saw the building. With a sigh, he went in, the door already being open from what Techno assumed was Wilbur forgetting to close it.

"—you Phil! This was our life and it's fucking— it's gone!" He heard none other than Wilbur's voice as he walked in.

He closed the door behind him. "Hello?" Techno called out. "You two okay?" The deeper he went into the building, he was finally able to see both Phil and Wilbur, and they both looked like a wreck with Wil's big eyebags, their unkempt hair, and the obvious tiredness from each of them.

"Techno," Wilbur said, relief clear in his tone. "Fuck," he groaned. "This is a fucking shitshow."

That couldn't be good. "What's going on?" Techno asked, growing unsettled by this whole situation.