And The Words Come Tumbling From Me

Maybe Tommy made the wrong choice, but how was he supposed to know it would lead to this?

Admittedly, Tommy wasn't thinking of the repercussions for his civilian identity when he threatened himself to Phil or Zephyrus or however the hell he should refer to the avian.

He just thought that it'd work out for him in the end, that it'll be perfectly fine threatening himself, because sure, making any connection to his two aliases might be a bad idea, but who thinks that Tommy is actually Crimson and he's threatening himself to get back at the heroes? You'd either have to be a genius or insane.

And it seemed like a good idea at first, that it would force the heroes remember just how 'weak' and 'vulnerable' their intern is, and how they need to protect him. When all they can think about is how easily Tommy can get hurt if he's on a villain's radar, they'll never guess that he himself is said villain.

But while he was thinking about their thoughts and feelings, he wasn't thinking about their actions. It doesn't help that he has a limp from falling into a fucking dumpster yesterday.

Tommy stepped inside of Phil's office to get the day started, trying to avoid limping while doing so. "Hey Phi-"

"Tommy!" The avian interrupted, seeming to crumple with relief and from the corner of the intern's eyes, he could see that Techno and Wilbur doing the same thing. "Oh, I'm so glad you're here, you have no idea how worried I was."

He looked around the room and saw the trio looking... rough. They all look exhausted and seem very on edge.

Tommy internally winced. He's probably the reason why they all look like a wreck. "What's up big man? Why are you so worried?" He asked, feigning confusion.

At that, Phil's face morphed into a nervous look.

"...Something happened with Crimson last night." Techno piped up, drawing the attention of everyone else in the room.

Tommy pretended to tense, remembering talking to Techno about his 'fear of Crimson'. "Oh?" He replied.

Techno nodded, "He knows more than he lets on." he began. "Phil and Crimson were fighting, Crimson was trying to steal some money, we don't know how much though." The hero explained. "Long story short, they fought, and Crimson managed to corner Phil to the wall with a gun. He could've killed Phil." Techno furrowed his brows. "Why didn't he kill you?" He spoke in a soft tone, glancing at the avian, seeming to pause the story.

Phil shook his head with a frown, "I don't know." he responded. "We know that he has no problem with killing heroes, with his attempt on Dream and all, yet he didn't kill me. He loathes me enough, I think." He paused. "My guess, maybe it could be because he wants to mess with us? I mean... with what he revealed he knew, it's no laughing matter." Phil sighed. "There are so many reasons to why he didn't kill me when he could have, so many it's frustrating because we can't know the true answer."

Wilbur scowled. "So, what, this is all some sick game to him?" He spoke.

"He is a villain, Wil." Techno drawled. "I'm not saying that justifies anything, obviously, but it's not unexpected for him to be sadistic like this."

Wilbur grumbled something unintelligible before Phil continued. "It may not be to mess with me or any of us. It could just simply be him getting just one more hero out of the way. He did say that it would be best for me to stay out of his way." Phil pondered.

"Sorry," Tommy butted in, drawing the attention of everyone in the room. "I feel like I'm missing something. What's going on?"

"Right," Techno said. "we got a little off topic. After Crismon... pointed the gun at Phil's head, he then threatened us. His family." He practically spat the last part.