I Look To You To See The Truth

It was in five minutes.

Five minutes until Tommy had to talk to Techno about everything. About his trauma, about the pain he caused, about his fears and regrets, and beg for his brother's mercy.

Wonderful.

Tommy didn't have to ponder too long to decide that he was going to be truthful to Techno. At first, he wondered if maybe Techno wouldn't hate him as much if he threw in a few lies, but he realized that he couldn't risk it.

Techno told him that he wouldn't hesitate to report the Villain once and for all if he discovered Tommy was lying, and he was known to be perceptive, so the chances of him catching the blonde in a lie was big enough to make Tommy pause.

The day had already flown by. The intern did his best to spend his time around Phil or Wilbur – even if the man was acting off. He came in Wilbur's office a twenty minutes ago, but Dream decided to be the bitch he was and barged in and demanded that he needed the Hero, leaving Tommy alone.

He decided that the best option was to just wait on the SBI's floor since there was such little time left, he may as well be early if he had nothing left to do.

Before he knew it, he was there, with the floor being empty. Good, he thought, better to not have Techno there yet so that he could somewhat prepare himself mentally.

Ignoring how his hands trembled, he sat down at their island table in the kitchen, dreadfully waiting.

Minutes past by and the elevator door slid open.

Tommy whipped his head around to see Techno staring at him, expression unreadable. Though, he did notice the man's clenched fist, which wasn't a great sign.

Without a word, he walked over near Tommy, but instead of sitting next to the blonde, he walked into the kitchen and looked at Tommy across the counter. A clear silent message that he wanted to distance himself away from the teen as much as he could.

It stung, but Tommy couldn't really fault the man for it.

"I'm giving you a chance to explain," Techno said, voice cold. "So explain."

Tommy felt like he was getting grounded by his parents or some shit.

"Can you be a little more specific than that?" Tommy asked. "I'll tell you everything, but where do you want me to start?"

Technoblade considered where to start. "The beginning. What pushed you to become a Villain?"

Great, time to talk about trauma. How fun.

He frowned. "It's complicated. And traumatic," Tommy admitted. "It's- I never intended to become a Villain growing up. You have some sort of an idea of what happened to me."

Techno opened his mouth, most likely about to deny that. But Tommy could see the puzzle pieces being solved in his mind as the man widened his eyes. "The Heroes never came. That's what you told me. And you told Wilbur that a gang killed your parents at thirteen."

Tommy nodded slowly. "I lied about my age, to make my fake identity add up. I was seven when it happened, and I was there. They got shot because my dad somehow got mixed in with a since he was good at making weapons. He didn't want to do anything for them, but they threatened him, so for a while, he did what they asked. He ratted the gang out to the Heroes, hoping that they would save him. They said they would, but they're dead now, along with my sister, so..." he trailed off.

he was about to explain more but before he could, Techno asked. "Fake identity?"

"I couldn't exactly have gone in as a kid who has been missing for a decade. That'd raise some questions. I'm sure there's some files about what happened to us. I also had to be eighteen to apply for this job, so I used the fake identity I've had for the past few years." Tommy explained. He knew the next question Techno was about to ask, so he said, "my real name is Thomas Innit. I'm, as you know, sixteen and not nineteen. Had a mom, dad, and a sister, power not yet revealed, most likely not going to have one due to being already seven, blah blah blah."