My Conscience Left Me Petrified

Warm.

That was Tommy's first thought when he gained consciousness. 'Warm.'

Tommy's second thought is that he hasn't woken up this warm in years.

He snapped his eyes open and quickly sat up.

The blonde looked around of his surroundings, fearing he was out as Crimson and managed to get kidnapped or some shit.

Tommy relaxed when he realized he was alone, surrounded by the SBI's floor, and just as he realized where he was, his memories came back too.

He felt bile rise in his throat as he remembered that Wilbur tried to use his fucking powers on him. They didn't work for obvious reasons, but that doesn't change that the hero attempted to use them on him. He forced Tommy to fall asleep, even if it was technically by his own free will.

That's fucked. Tommy's a villain, sure, but if you're a hero, you're not supposed to do that. Especially when you have some freaky power like mind-control.

Tommy looked at the time on his cracked phone to see it's 6:28am... he's slept for eighteen hours. Prime, he knew he was exhausted but not that exhausted.

He looked at his notifications and felt dread wash over him as he realized how many missed calls Ranboo and Tubbo have given him. This is not going to go well.

With a sigh, he clicked on Ranboo's miss call because he'd rather not have to deal with Tubbo's screaming. Within two rings, it answered.

"Tommy!" Ranboo screamed, and the villain immediately winced. Maybe he wouldn't be lucky enough to save his eardrums. "Where the heck have you been?!" He demanded. "Tubbo and I thought they found out about you!" A pause. "Wait, did they? Are you on the run?"

"No, no, Ranboo I'm fine." Tommy reassured

The line went silent for a terribly tense moment. "Then where have been?" Ranboo asked in a voice that meant that Tommy Innit, the biggest man alive, is soon not going to be so alive.

"Welll..." Tommy drew the word out. "I may have sort of been sleeping. For the past eighteen hours." He admitted.

Another moment of tense silence.

"...You- what?" Ranboo faltered.

"I've been asleep for eighteen hours." He repeated, rolling his eyes. Honestly, he shouldn't be so surprised Ranboob is so shocked. The man simply cannot handle Tommy's greatness.

"Why? You've been getting enough sleep, haven't you?" Ranboo questioned.

Yeah, so he never actually told Ranboo about his current curse of insomnia. He knew it was for the better, the enderman hybrid would've been struck with guilt at him not being able to sleep because of Ranboo's nightmares.

The blonde sucked in a sharp breath. "About that..." He spoke, and oh Prime, what's a good lie to tell Ranboo? No way can he say the truth and make his friend even more guilty. "I haven't slept in four days because of your nightmares." He blurted.

And what the fuck. That was not apart of the plan, he was supposed to lie to Ranboo's face but nope. He just blurted the truth, like an idiot. Tommy internally facepalmed.

"You haven't?" Tommy can hear the guilt and sadness leaking in Ranboo's voice.

"Yeah," The villain grimaced. "I haven't."

A beat.

"It's not your fault though!" Tommy tried to backpedal because he would rather not deal with a super guilty Ranboo today, he's already got too much shit on his hands. "It's mostly mine, I just haven't been able to sleep, even when you're not, you know, screaming your brains out."