Holding Hands While The Walls Come Tumbling Down

They were finally at Las Nevadas.

The walk was the most awkward experience Tommy thinks he ever had to go through. At least they were also occupied with hiding from the Heroes looking for the SBI, so that was a relief.

Other than that, it sucked.

But he could put that behind him and hopefully bury it from his memory. Because they were finally at their destination.

Prime, this would be hard to explain to Quackity. The tension of what happened at that abandoned building certainly wouldn't help his case.

He knew it wouldn't take too much convincing for Quackity to allow him to stay there. As Quackity apparently told Techno, they had history.

But he also knew that Quackity would be very grumpy for at least a little while. While he didn't give a shit about Wilbur or Phil, Techno was probably his least favourite person in existence. Not that he blame Quackity, the ex-Hero (and hopefully soon to be Villain) literally gave him a huge ass scar, but it would make the whole interaction much more difficult.

Tommy really hoped this would go okay. He was their only shot, and if he wasn't, they'd probably leave him in the dust. He couldn't blame them for it, he'd do the same if he found that out. Though, he had an opportunity to possibly make it better.

They would have to be in close proximity. Unfortunate for the SBI, yes, but good for Tommy. It meant that they could have many chances to bond and heal things over.

And okay, he knew that wasn't the most moral thing to be happy about, but morals were for Heroes. Which none of them are anymore, therefore, fuck morals.

Obviously, he couldn't share any of this with the SBI. Their bond was a fragile thing, with all ready one too many cracks to begin with. If Tommy made one wrong move, there was no hope at mending their friendships.

He was a little surprised that they were open to the idea of forgiving him. Tommy betrayed them indubitably, and even if he had his reasons, he would understand if they hated him. And maybe Phil did. Wilbur was... confusing to tell whether he hated Tommy or was scared or both. Probably both.

But they were making baby steps. Tommy hugged Wilbur a little ago, and the man was fully aware of who Tommy really was, so yeah. Progress.

He wasn't sure how to handle Phil at all through. Tommy had never seen Phil so angry before in his life, the avian was usually a friendly and relatively easygoing person. Not screaming and yelling at everyone. Not glaring at Tommy in a way that would be burned into his memory forever.

Tommy knew that he had a chance with Phil, but he didn't know how to go about it. They all needed time, he understood that, but what after?

He had no fucking idea. This was way out of his comfort zone.

He sighed, looking to his roommates and the SBi behind him. "Okay guys, this might be... a lot. And I'll admit, it may take a little of convincing for Jinx to agree to this, but he will."

"Convincing?" Phil hissed. "To— Crimson, you sounded certain that Jinx would let us in."

"And he will." Tommy assured. "Don't worry, I know him. I know he will." Most likely.

Phil groaned. "Alright."

"I know he was your enemy in the past, as you guys were all Heroes, but you need to get that mindset out of your head." Tommy looked pointedly at Techno. "Especially you."

Techno huffed. "He started it."

"And you ended it." Tommy pointed out. "Not kindly, too."

"Fine." Techno begrudgingly agreed. "But I'm not happy about it."