You Do So Much Damage, How Do You Manage?

Phil was livid.

He was well aware that within the SBI, he was the diplomat of the group. He was the anchor that held his boys down when the storm got too aggressive.

That's not to say he didn't worry. That was his main issue, apparently, judging by the fact that Techno was hesitant to tell him of Tommy's injuries. He would get too worried.

And maybe that was true, but when push came to shove, he was able to take a step back and reevaluate the situation and then act on it. He had to, in order to protect his family.

He was the one to calm Wilbur down after getting too emotional. He was the one to make sure Techno wasn't overworking himself. He was the one to prioritize Tommy's health since it seemed nobody else would before him.

Even when everyone seemed to be reasonably breaking down over the new situation thrown at them, Phil tried to keep himself in check and do what was best for Techno and Wilbur.

But this was too much.

Crimson was talking outside to Techno because the two seem to know each other more than he thought.

Not only were they familiar with each other, they seemed to be allies. Friends, nearly.

And Phil knew he could be overbearing. He knew he could expect unfair things from the people around them, as if they'd spill their guts about every little thing around them. He was working on that.

Though, he was pissed that Techno never once disclosed he had spent time around Crimson.

Phil thought it was pretty reasonable to expect Techno mentioning he had seen Crimson on multiple occasions, or, you know, forming an alliance with him it when the Villain had threatened Phil's whole family and terrified the fuck out of Wilbur.

When he heard that Techno had some 'connections,' he didn't know what he was expecting, but it was just about anything other than this.

Phil was sick of being the anchor time and time again. He'd continue to do it for his family's sake, but for once, he wanted to be the storm that crashed down on everyone, and he didn't think that he was in the wrong for it.

He wasn't happy with Techno, not when Wilbur was cowering in a corner from Crimson.

So he wouldn't hesitate to voice his anger towards his son and that damn Villain.

"...Phil?" Wilbur said, voice small.

"Yes, Wil?" Phil replied neutrally, well, as neutrally as he could when he was this angry. He wouldn't take his anger out on Wilbur. Not only could the brunette not be able to handle it right now, but he wasn't at all responsible for Crimson being here.

"Is Techno really on our side? Because this is..." Wilbur trailed off, but Phil had an idea of what he wanted to say.

Phil clenched his fist. "Yes." He answered. "Despite him going about it the wrong way, he is trying to help." That didn't mean he was okay with it. That didn't mean Phil was going to forgive him anytime soon. That didn't mean Techno wouldn't be grounded for this, an adult or not.

"Then why is he doing this to us? There's no way he could think this is helping us."

The avian considered this. "Because he thinks we're out of choices, I suppose." And maybe Techno wasn't wrong either. But there could be other risks they could take besides working with Crimson.

He looked up the stairwell. This was a mess. Techno was making Phil and Wilbur feel like they were the odd ones out when it was Crimson who was causing even more trouble. He shouldn't be here, and yet the two were having some secret meeting, as if they had the time to spare.