1.1 | An Unexpected Request

⊱ ──── {⋆ 🌌 ⋆} ──── ⊰

UPON A LARGE WOLFHOUND SAT A FAIR LADY BASKING IN THE RISING SUN, She had her eyes closed as the last days of summer shone over the vast lands of Middle Earth. The birds chirped happily as many animals wandered the large clearing before Fangorn Forest, the fair lady listening to the distant groans of trees as they communicated with each other.

The fair lady wore a silver dress that glistened under the morning sun, her chocolate brown hair rested freely down her back with a few small braids throughout it. The Wolfhound let out a slight purr, his ears twitching as he focused on the sounds in the distance as the fair lady opened her eyes.

A lonesome butterfly fluttered about her face before landing upon her raised hand, she leaned in close letting the whispers of the messenger echo through her mind, "My dear Maristela, I request your presence to a home in The Shire. You must post haste, my child. For time is of the essence."

The whispers of her father left her smiling, it had been some years since she last encountered her father; they last spent time together in the halls of Rivendell alongside Lord Elrond. "Tul-, nin mellon. Mín must ech- haste an i Shire," Maristela whispered to her Wolfhound, the large beast let out a gruff sound before he moved forward; his footfalls were light yet quick.

( Come, my friend. We must make haste for The Shire )

Maristela Greyhame was the only child of Gandalf Greyhame and his former love, Estelle Maladrosa ─ An Elf of Rivendell. She had been an unexpected result of a sudden love but a blessing to her parents; A child of an Elf and an Istari was something none had believed to happen.

Maristela wasn't known as the child of Gandalf, the information being kept under secrecy from those who hold ill will towards either of the two. And over time, it became normal to withhold the truth of her lineage from all who wish to know the fair lady who carried the regal and poised nature of an Elf.

She thought about what may come of her father's request, she pondered what it was in The Shire that required her presence. Maristela had spent the past two years assisting Gondor in its battles against Orcs; even helping Rohan with their own troubles against the heartless creatures that once were Elves.

Her hope was that a new quest had risen, an opportunity to learn new lessons and experience the malicious beauty of battles alongside friends. Maristela was no ordinary Half-Breed, she enjoyed the feeling of a blade in her hand biting in the flesh of her enemies; she did not dwell on loss for death was not the end of a story but a new beginning.

⊱ ──── {⋆ 🌌 ⋆} ──── ⊰

Many days had passed until Maristela and her Wolfhound, Attica finally reached the outskirts of Rivendell. She was tempted to stop in to see Elrond and young Estel but decided against it knowing that her father called for urgency and they would travel through Imladris on whatever journey their quest provides.