4.1 | Summoned To Rivendell

⊱ ──── {⋆ 🌌 ⋆} ──── ⊰

MARISTELA STOOD BY THE RIVER CELEBRANT WITHIN THE RICH FOREST OF LOTHLÓRIEN, she had her eyes closed as the silky blue dress she wore blew gently in the soft breeze. Her wounds were healing slowly after she and a legion of Elves sent by Thranduil had wiped out a large legion of Orcs east of Rohan, she had been grateful for the Woodland's King army and was sure to heal any of them who had been injured while those who had died were honoured to the highest regard. "You seem distant," Lady Galadriel's voice pulled Maristela from her thoughts.

"I am simply sending a blessing to the Valar for those we lost against the Orcs," Maristela replied to her before opening her eyes and turning her head to the daughter of Finarfin ─ A Ñoldorin Elf of Valinor regarded as one of the most powerful Elves in all of Arda. "And a blessing to the souls that were tainted in order to create the Orcs," Lady Galadriel added with a fond smile, it was Maristela's kindness that allowed for her ring to work. "They were Elves once, they deserve the honor of their former glory in some form," Maristela expressed before looking out to the river watching the ripples, he fingers fiddling with her ring.

"The Ring of Kaia was made under the supervision of Amdir before the War of Elves and Sauron, its creation was blessed with purity and kindness," Lady Galadriel spoke after some silence as Maristela raised her hand to look at the ring on her finger. "It is your kindness that prevents the ring from dying," Lady Galadriel told the younger Elleth. "I believe my kindness keeps me alive," Maristela replied to the Lady who smiled at those words. "I do believe it so but you must be cautious, Marisol, for a strong force is growing and it will try and prey on you and your kindness," Lady Galadriel warned before turning to look out at the water.

"I amar prestar sen: han methon ne nen, han mathon ne chae...a han noston ned willith (The world is changed: I feel it in the water, I feel it in the earth, I smell it in the air...Much that once was is lost, for none now live to remember)," Lady Galadriel spoke in her enchanting voice, Maristela listened carefully to her words knowing the importance of every lesson she is taught. "It began with the forging of the Great Rings," Lady Galadriel began as a mist of three Rings formed in the reflection of the water, each set with a single gem; given to the High-Elves Galadriel, Gil-Galad, and Cirdan, "Three were given to the Elves, immortal, wisest... fairest of all beings."

The misty reflection faded before forming into seven Rings within the hands of Seven Dwarf Lords as Lady Galadriel continued, "Seven to the Dwarf Lords, great miners and craftsmen of the mountain halls." And finally, Nine Rings appeared in the reflection of the smooth water, "And Nine... nine rings were gifted to the race of men who, above all else, desire power." Maristela knew that Lady Galadriel's words were the truth, Men craved power but all craved something that would never be enough for them. "For within these rings was bound the strength and will given to each race. But they were all of them deceived," Lady Galadriel expressed turning to Maristela.