1.4 | Stupid Trolls

⊱ ──── {⋆ 🌌 ⋆} ──── ⊰

THE COMPANY HAD BEEN TRAVELING FOR ALMOST A WEEK, they had come to a stop by the remnants of an abandoned home; the place made Maristela uneasy. The ache she had felt a few days ago had eased off and she was able to link it to her dear friend, Sebastian and she just hoped that Radagast was alright. "We'll camp here for the night. Fíli, Kíli, look after the ponies. Make sure you stay with them," Thorin instructed his nephews, the two making their way over to where the ponies were resting and eating the grass.

"A farmer and his family used to live here," Gandalf expressed to Maristela and Bilbo. "Oin, Glóin," Thorin turned to the two, "Get a fire going." Maristela noticed how her father seemed to be on edge about the burnt farmhouse. "I think it would be wiser to move on. We could make for the Hidden Valley," Gandalf suggested despite knowing that it would be useless. "I have told you already, I will not go near that place," Thorin replied to Gandalf as Attica lay at Maristela's feet, his head against her leg. "Why not? The elves could help us. We could get food, rest, advice," Gandalf advised the Dwarf Prince.

"I do not need their advice," Thorin said sternly as he glanced at Maristela who rolled her eyes at the stubbornness of Dwarves. "We have a map that we cannot read. Lord Elrond could help us," Gandalf encouraged further. "Help? A dragon attacks Erebor, What help came from the Elves? Orcs plunder Moria, desecrate our sacred halls, the Elves looked on and did nothing. You ask me to seek out the very people who betrayed my grandfather and betrayed my father," Thorin responded to Gandalf with a scowl upon his features.

Maristela had to admit that Thorin's hatred for the Elves under King Thranduil's rule was justified considering Mirkwood Elves only cared for their own lands and kin, but holding that hatred over Elves as a species made Maristela annoyed; Dwarves weren't exactly the best species either. Each species had their flaws that made them unbearable but to hold the actions of one over many was something that Maristela hated; unless it was regarding Orcs or Goblins, there was nothing good about any of those beasts.

"You are neither of them. I did not give you that map and key for you to hold on to the past," Gandalf told Thorin who raised a brow at the words. "I did not know that they were yours to keep," Thorin bit back making Maristela scoff, She lightly nudged Attica; the Wolfhound stood up and allowed Maristela onto his back. "You, Thorin Oakenshield must get off of this pedestal. Your stubbornness and pride will be the death of your people should you not accept help. Understand, Thorin, you must be better than those you claim as your foes," Maristela said before Attica took off, She needed a break from the Dwarves.

⊱ ──── {⋆ 🌌 ⋆} ──── ⊰

Attica came to a stop upon a hill, Maristela looked out at the vast environment and frowned at the distant sight of Orcs; they were only a few days away at most. She ran her fingers through Attica's fur as the sun began to set, The pastel orange through the sky was a soothing sight that Maristela was wishing to paint. Her thoughts trailed to Durin's Day, the first day of the Dwarves' new year and the signal of the last moon of Autumn on the threshold of Winter; the day of which they needed to be outside the door to access Erebor.