2.9 | Morgul Poison

⊱ ──── {⋆ 🌌 ⋆} ──── ⊰

BARD OPENS HIS DOOR TO FIND BOFUR AND OIN STANDING BEFORE HIM, Fìli and Kíli supporting Maristela as she fought to stay awake. "No, I'm done with Dwarves. Go away," Bard told them, he tries to slam the door shut but Bofur stops it with his foot. "No, no, no! No one will help us; Mari's sick. She's very sick!" Bofur exclaimed, Bard looks towards the Elleth, his harsh glare softened into a worried expression seeing the pale tone of her skin and the way she winced in pain from her wound. "Quick, bring her in," Bard tells them before moving aside allowing them access into his home.

The brothers move to lay Maristela down on the bed that Bard had clear, she groaning in pain, her face covered in sweat. Bofur fills a bowl with water and rushes over to her, wiping the sweat from her face with a frown seeing her in so much pain. "Can you not do something?" Fíli exclaimed frantically, his grip on her hand was gentle but the same couldn't be said for her as her body tensed in pain. "I need herbs, something to bring down her fever," Oin replied to him, Bard moves to search through his bag of medicines. "I have nightshade, feverfew..." Bard is cut off by Oin, "They're no use to me. Do you have any Kingsfoil?"

"No, it's a weed. We feed it to the pigs," Bard told Oin gaining Bofur's attention, "Pigs? Weed? Right!" Bofur turns to Maristela and points at her, "Don't move!" He then runs out of the house in search of pigs and Kingsfoil. "It's going to be okay, Amrâlíme. I promise you," Fíli assured her as he used the cloth to wipe the sweat off of her forehead, Maristela gritted her teeth as she writhed in pain. Her whole body felt like it was on fire, her veins felt like sandpaper and her own aura fell deeper into the darkness of Morgul poisoning, the wound would never heal from this but if treated right, she could be saved.

A distant reverberation reaches Laketown, everyone within Bard's home looks up at sound as dust falls from the ceiling. "Da?" Sigrid whimpered out in concern. "It's coming from the mountain," Bain said with wide eyes, Kíli approached Bard. "You should leave us. Take your children; get out of here," Kíli warned Bard knowing that the great Firedrake has been awoken. "And go where? There is nowhere to go," Bard replied to him sadly. "Are we going to die, Da?" Tilda asked her father. "No, darling," Bard answered her. "The dragon, it's going to kill us," Tilda whimpered out, terrified of what may come.

Bard looks at his children worriedly for a moment then he reaches up and pulls a black arrow from a hidden place, the last of the three that Girion had in Dale. His children look at the arrow in shock as Bard spoke, "Not if I kill it first." He looked back at Maristela before moving to walk out the door. "B-Bard..." Maristela breathed out, he turned to her as she opened her eyes, the usual brown of her eyes were a starlight silver that represented the title she had been given. "Don't miss," Maristela told him as the Black Arrow shone slightly before the tip overlapped with silver, blessed by the Valar's gifts to Maristela.

⊱ ──── {⋆ 🌌 ⋆} ──── ⊰

Bofur runs through Laketown trying to find Kingsfoil, he smells some flowers on a windowsill and rejects them, "Na." He continues running about frantic to find something to help his friend however, Bolg and his Orcs spot him from a rooftop. "Khozd! (Dwarves!)" An Orc announces, Bolg growls softly. Bofur finds a pig eating some weeds; he yanks it out of the pig's mouth and examines it, then smiles and turns to get back to Maristela. Bolg and his Orcs follow on the rooftops without Bofur noticing them, his mind distracted due to his worries for the Elleth suffering to poison.