1.6 | Marisol, Lady of Starlight

⊱ ──── {⋆ 🌌 ⋆} ──── ⊰

NIGHT HAD FALLEN OVER RIVENDELL, MARISTELA HAD LEFT THE DWARVES TO THEIR NEW MEALS to join Lord Elrond, Gandalf, Thorin, Balin, and Bilbo in a separate hall they had left the Company. "Our business is no concern of Elves," Thorin exclaimed to Gandalf. "For goodness sake, Thorin, show him the map," Gandalf instructed the Dwarf Prince. "It is the legacy of my people; it is mine to protect as are its secrets," Thorin snapped back to the Wizard.

Maristela and Gandalf shared a look, she bowed her head in acceptance of what he was about to say next. "Save me from the stubbornness of Dwarves. Your pride will be your downfall. You stand here in the presence of one of the few in Middle Earth who can read that map. Show it to Lord Elrond. You've had the company of an Elf of Rivendell from the Shire," Gandalf expressed to Thorin who tensed up before looking towards Maristela.

"Maristela Maladrosa, daughter of Estelle Maladrosa, former General of the Rivendell guard," Maristela introduced as she bowed her head to Thorin and Balin, the two were stunned. "And the daughter of Gandalf Greyhame," Maristela added as she stood tall again, she smiled at her father before looking back at the Dwarves who had been shocked by the reveal. "You may not trust Elves, Thorin Oakenshield, but allies come in all forms," Maristela added with an encouraging smile.

Thorin thinks quietly for a few seconds with everyone looking at him, he sighs before he reaches out to hand the map over to Elrond. "Thorin, no!" Balin exclaimed but Thorin brushed Balin aside and allowed Elrond to take the map into his hands, examining it. "Erebor. What is your interest in this map?" Elrond asked Thorin. "It's his homeland, is it not?" Maristela asked with a raised brow, she knew that Elrond wasn't daft; he knew about the true reason for the map.

"It's mainly academic. As you know, this sort of artifact sometimes contains hidden text. You still read Ancient Dwarvish, do you not?" Gandalf asked Lord Elrond who still appears suspicious. "Cirth Ithil," Elrond said causing Gandalf and Maristela to share a glance. "Moon Runes," They both spoke before Gandalf continued, "Of course. An easy thing to miss." Maristela nodded from where she stood next to Bilbo, the young Hobbit listening carefully.

"Well in this case, that is true; moon runes can only be read by the light of a moon of the same shape and season as the day on which they were written," Elrond explained to the others. "Can you read them?" Thorin asked the Elf Lord of Rivendell. Elrond leads them all to an open area outside, on the side of a cliff, with waterfalls all around. The moon is behind some clouds as they walk toward a large crystalline table, the familiar sight to Maristela caused her to take in a slow breath.

"Are you okay, Maristela?" Bilbo asked her softly. "The last time I was here, I was bestowed a title by Lord Elrond," Maristela answered the young Hobbit who seemed intrigued. "And that title was?" Bilbo asked her. "Lady of Starlight. It is a high honour among Elves earned through many battles," Maristela explained to him with a small smile, "And usually to those of Royal blood." Bilbo's eyes widened upon hearing that, she sent him a wink before they focused on Lord Elrond.