2.10 | What Have We Done?

⊱ ──── {⋆ 🌌 ⋆} ──── ⊰

MARISTELA OPENED HER EYES SLOWLY, HER HEAD WAS NO LONGER HEAVY with pressure nor was her body burning in pain. She swallowed carefully before squeezing the hand that held her own, Fíli lifted his head and smiled seeing her beautiful deep brown eyes. "Mari..." Fíli breathed out before leaning down and capturing her lips with his own, his fears of losing her had faded as her lips moved against his own. "Alright, alright, love doves. We get it!" Kìli teased causing the two to pull away from each other, Maristela smiled at her best friend and shook her head.

"Good to see you too, Ki," Maristela told him before moving to sit up, Fíli helped her as Bofur handed her a cup of water that instantly soothed her throat. "That's better," Maristela spoke before she looked down at her binding, "I'm guessing I didn't hallucinate the Elf Prince?" Bofur chuckled at that, "No, you didn't. Though Fíli didn't seem to like how close he got to you." Fíli glared at Bofur but Maristela simply ran her fingers down his arm and interlocked their fingers while she spoke, "Hey, he healed me. That's what matters. Now we need to prepare the town for the threat of a dragon." They all shared a look as a loud crash followed by a roar echoed through the sky.

Meanwhile, Legolas has caught up to Bolg and his Orcs, he whips out Orcrist, holding it in both hands as he advances towards Bolg. As they walk toward each other, the other two Orcs appear out of hiding spots on either side of the alley and attack Legolas while Tauriel is distracted with other Orcs a distance away from them. Legolas knocks the two of them down just in time to deflect a blow from Bolg. Legolas fights all three Orcs at once, and when he has knocked down the two again, he stabs Bolg's stomach, but Bolg drops his weapon and catches Legolas' sword between his arms and ribs. He pulls Legolas closer to him using the sword and then throws him against the wooden pillar.

Legolas drops the sword and before he can get back up, Bolg grabs him and throws him again, this time into a wall. Bolg strides over and kicks at Legolas, but Legolas manages to grab Bolg's leg and knock him off balance and into the wall behind him. Legolas leaps into the air and delivers a flying punch to Bolg's face. He grabs Bolg and smashes his head repeatedly into the wooden post. He throws Bolg against the wall, but Bolg rebound from the wall and grabs Legolas in a crushing embrace against his chest. He squeezes Legolas causing him to strain in pain before Legolas jerks his head back into Bolg's face, forcing him to release him.

Legolas manages to pull out a knife and slice Bolg lightly on the stomach, but Bolg grabs him and throws him toward the other two Orcs, who have gotten back up. As Legolas fights the two of them with his knife, Bolg strides away, limping. Legolas dispatches the two Orcs and runs over to where Orcrist is lying on the ground and he picks it up. As he stands, he falls back against the wall in pain, breathing heavily. His eyes open wide in shock and he raises his hand to his nose. It comes away with blood leaving him shocked. He looks to the side and sees Bolg on a Warg, heading out of town. Bolg rides across the bridge on his Warg; close behind him is Legolas on a white horse.