4.8 | Flame of Udûn

⊱ ──── {⋆ 🌌 ⋆} ──── ⊰

The door bursts open in a shower of wood fragments and twenty or so Goblins charge into the tomb followed by a huge cave troll. Gimli ducks a blow and immediately buries his axes in two Goblin helmets. Aragorn and Boromir wade into the mass of Goblins with their swords as Legolas fires deadly arrows into the Goblins' throats, desperately trying to shield the Hobbits. Maristela strategically leaps over Balin's tomb after swiftly pocketing Ori's slingshot before using her daggers to slice the throats of Goblins who moved too close to Aragorn and Boromir when their backs were turned. Gandalf clutches his sword and joins in the battle as the cave troll sweeps his club at Aragorn who stumbles backwards.

The huge club descends for the killing blow when suddenly, in a flash of steel, Boromir's long sword slices into the scaly arm of the troll; it rears back, spewing green blood. Sam backs up against the wall with a sword in one hand and a saucepan in the other, in desperation he swings wildly at a Goblin with the saucepan causing the beast to keel over leaving the Hobbit surprised; He wallops another Goblin and it too, drops. "I think I'm getting the hang of this!" Sam exclaimed as he continued to bash Goblins with his saucepan. The cave troll lunges forward thrusting at Frodo's chest with his spear as the Hobbit calls for Aragorn's help, Maristela is blocked by Goblins rushing her.

Sam screams as Frodo is lifted off his feet by the spear tip and slammed against the wall. "Frodo!" Aragorn shouts while the Hobbits go crazy attacking the Goblins. Sam slashes the cave troll's knee bringing him down as Merry and Pippin jump on the beast, Legolas fires an arrow, and the cave troll topples over dead. Maristela finishes off the remaining Goblins as Aragorn rushes to Frodo's side, as he slumped to the floor Frodo appeared to be dead leaving the others horrified until Maristela lightly tapped the side of Frodo's face ignoring the others. Suddenly, Frodo coughs and takes in a greedy breath of air, he had been winded by the troll's attack.

"He's alive!" Sam exclaimed while Maristela smiled softly. "I'm alright. I'm not hurt," Frodo assured the others. "You should be dead. That spear would've skewered a wild boar!" Aragorn exclaimed with wide eyes. "I think there's more to this Hobbit than meets the eye," Gandalf said as Maristela and Frodo shared a look, a smirk on her face. "He's a Baggins. They're full of surprises," Maristela said as Frodo opens his shirt to reveal the Mithril vest that Bilbo had given him. "Mithril! You are full of surprises, Master Baggins!" Gimli exclaimed with a wide grin, Maristela stepped back as the echo of drums appeared again.

⊱ ──── {⋆ 🌌 ⋆} ──── ⊰

"To the bridge of Khazad-dum!" Gandalf instructed the Fellowship before leading them out of Balin's tomb and into the huge Dwarrowdelf Chamber, "This way!" Maristela trailed in the back to ensure that the Hobbits didn't get caught or left behind. They hurry towards a distant door as Goblins start scuttling down the pillars behind them like cockroaches. Frodo looks with horror at the overwhelming Goblin army that's rushing toward them, Maristela sneering at the Goblins. The Fellowship is trapped by the nasty creatures that snarled at them; swords were held as the Hobbits were pushed to stand in the middle of the circle the others had created to protect them.