2.4 | The Prince

⊱ ──── {⋆ 🌌 ⋆} ──── ⊰

Deze afbeelding leeft onze inhoudsrichtlijnen niet na. Verwijder de afbeelding of upload een andere om verder te gaan met publiceren.

⊱ ──── {⋆ 🌌 ⋆} ──── ⊰

WHILE THORIN WAS MEETING WITH THE KING, MARISTELA HAD A VISITOR in the form of Legolas who was carrying supplies to fix up her shoulder. Once he reached her cell, he had the guard unlock it and he stepped inside with the door being shut behind him, the guard stayed close by just in case the Prince needed help. "Can I help you?" Maristela asked Legolas though she didn't look his way, her eyes focused on the wall across from her. "I'm here to fix the wound in your shoulder," Legolas offered, when she didn't protest, he made his way over to her and sat down.

"I'll need you to remove--" Legolas was cut off by Maristela removing the top layer of her cloak revealing an untraditional sleeveless shirt showing past scars from blades and arrows. However, what caught his attention was the scar that started at her collarbone and disappeared down the middle of her chest; he turned his eyes away. "This will hurt," Legolas warned as he pushed the small layer of clothing from her shoulder aside to allow him full sight of the arrow wound. He dipped a cloth into a bowl of warm water before moving to wipe the blood away from her shoulder, she tensed for a moment before relaxing under his gentle touch.

"You didn't need to do this," Maristela told Legolas who was disappointed to notice that she had yet to look at him. "It was my friend who had shoot you, it feels like my responsibility to mend it," Legolas told her as he continued to clean the wound to prevent infection. "Your friend acted due to the fact that I held a blade to your throat," Maristela reminded him but she noticed how he seemed more impressed than annoyed at that fact. "You don't seem angered by my actions," Maristela pointed out to the Elf of Mirkwood. "I'm more impressed that you outmatched me," Legolas replied finally catching her gaze.

Legolas stared into Maristela's deep brown eyes, the color reminded him of the Greenwood soil when it was healthy and the sweet chocolates he used to sneak out of the kitchens when he was just an Elfling. Her fair skin seemed smooth compared to her arms that were littered with battle scars, something he deeply admired. There was a small scar from her hairline to her eyebrow that was only noticeable when you were close but it simply added to the beauty she held. Legolas had seen many beautiful Elves in his time but the Elleth sat by him was a Jewel more rare than any he had ever seen; and he was blessed to be in her presence.

"Are you just going to stare at me or are you going to stitch this up?" Maristela asked Legolas pulling him from his gaze on her, he cleared his throat and focused on the wound in her shoulder. Maristela smirked slightly at the sight of pink within his cheeks, she shook her head to herself before thinking this through. It would be completely wrong of her to take advantage of the clear admiration in his eyes, to use how he is possibly feeling against him to save herself and the others. "I'm guessing once we step into these cells, there is no escape from them," Maristela inquired offhandedly.

"Trepassing onto the King's land without permission is a great offence," Legolas replied to her in a monotone voice in an attempt to hide his emotions but Maristela could feel the uncertainty he held. "Even if we were just passing through with no intention of disturbing the Woodland Realm?" Maristela said as Legolas began stitching the wound together, his gentle touch was something she hadn't been expecting from him. He was silent so she continued, "It's unfair. To be trapped here because your father desires gems and me."