1.9 | Aftermath

⊱ ──── {⋆ 🌌 ⋆} ──── ⊰

The Eagles soar through the sky over a great distance and over many landscapes with the sun rising in the distance. Thorin lies unconscious in an Eagle's talons; the others looking on in worry over the Dwarg Prince. Bilbo turns his gaze to the Eagle in the back, Maristela lying on its back as she takes in unsteady breaths from the pain in her side; ultimately, her entire body is in pain. The Eagles approach a massive rock structure shaped like a bear; it is known as the Carrock, a few hour's distance from the threats upon the Misty Mountains. Maristela moves her hand to the cut deep in her side, she closes her eyes and focuses on it as the wound healed leaving a scar.

The Eagle carrying Thorin gently deposits him and his sword on a flat area on top of the Carrock, another Eagle lands on the Carrock and Gandalf slides off its neck, running towards the unconscious Thorin. "Thorin! Thorin!" Gandalf exclaimed as Bilbo ran up, Maristela following behind after Bofur helped her off of her Eagle. "Marisol!" Gandalf called out, the Elleth rushed over to Thorin's side and placed her hand on the side of his face with the others watching. "Heal with i rod plural rodyn im gar- been given, leave i naeg in i past," Maristela whispered in Elvish as the silver ring upon her finger began to glow leaving the Company in awe; the Dwarven Prince healing from his wounds slowly.

( Heal with the power I have been given, leave the pain in the past. )

Maristela fell back due to exhaustion, Fili catching her in his arms and moving her enough to rest her head upon his shoulder. The Elleth hadn't been able to heal Thorin completely but she had managed to heal the wounds leading him on the path of death. Thorin's eyes flutter open and he gasps for air, "The Halfing and Elf?" Maristela rested her hand on his shoulder, Thorin looked at her and nodded his head; the glow of utter respect in his eyes that an Elf had never received from a Dwarf before. "It's all right. Bilbo is here. He's quite safe," Gandalf assured the Dwarf Prince.

Dwalin and Kili help Thorin up, however, once he is up, he shrugs them off and approaches Bilbo with a stoic expression. "You! What were you doing? You nearly got yourself killed! Did I not say that you would be a burden? That you would not survive in the Wild and that you have no place amongst us?" Thorin snapped at Bilbo with every step, Bilbo appeared worried and frightened but Fili noticed the Elleth in his arms didn't appear defensively in support of the young Hobbit, like she normally would be. "I've never been so wrong in all my life!" Thorin added before he grabbed Bilbo and embraced the Halfing.

The other Dwarves cheer loudly and slap each other on the back as Maristela turns her head to make eye contact with Fili, "I knew he'd see it." Fili chuckled at her words before he kissed her lightly on the cheek, "Don't go scaring me like that again." Maristela grinned at Fili, "I make no promises, young Prince. I like to keep you on your toes." Fili rolled his eyes at her words before Bofur helped the Elleth up, Fili pulling himself up to stand by his brother's side. "I am sorry I doubted you," Thorin told Bilbo, letting go of the hug as the others watched with smiles.