6.7 | Maristela vs Mauldra

⊱ ──── {⋆ 🌌 ⋆} ──── ⊰

"Maristela Greyhame, daughter of Estelle, Lady of Silver Starlight!" Mauldra called across the field in dark awe. "I have awaited the time we shall meet and I have prepared to battle you," Mauldra continued before motioning to the protected Uruk-hai. Maristela moved forward with a sneer upon her features, "You will burn, Mauldra." The Orc Lord laughed at her words before the crowd around him parted revealing the former presence of Attica. "NO!" Maristela cried as she looked at the Warg presence of her former companion. "You should have been more careful, Starlight," Mauldra taunted as he brushed his fingers through Attica's fur.

"I remembered the feeling that coursed through my body when I killed your mother," Mauldra spoke with a sinister smile, "It was euphoric." Maristela's grip on her sword was so tight that Aragorn was shocked it hadn't snapped. "But what more should I have expected from my weak sister?" Mauldra asked, "My dear niece, you'll bleed just like she did and so will your son and friends." Maristela cried out before she rushed forward with the intent to kill the Orc Lord who took her mother from her when she was only young. "Kill her," Mauldra ordered Attica who ran forward to meet the Elleth in battle.

Legolas, Gimli and Legolas moved to help Maristela but they were faced by the protected Orcs under Mauldra's command, thankfully they weren't invincible but the dead held no effect on them which left this legion to the mortals. The three fought mercilessly knowing that this fight would affect Maristela greatly. Maristela and Attica clashed in battle, she played defence not wishing to harm the companion she had since she was barely able to walk or talk. "Attica, friend. You know me," Maristela pleaded desperately in Sindirin, "Wake from their poison!"

Attica snapped his jaw at Maristela before knocking her blade from her hand, she was quick to turn away from the former Wolfhound. "You can fight this, dear friend," Maristela continued to plea, "Remember who you are!" Attica managed to knock Maristela to the ground before clamping his jaws around her causing her mind to flash back to the night she witnessed Thorin Oakenshield in the jaw of the White Warg. Maristela cried out in pain before realising what she didn't wish to know, her long time friend was gone; tainted by the poison of evil.

Attica threw Maristela to Mauldra's feet as the Orcs continued to distracted Aragorn, Legolas and Gimli. "This is the best part, Maristela. You see, Sauron wants you alive as your Ring holds more power than you know but me... I do not wish to see you live," Mauldra expressed as he pulled his sword free, the same blade that he had killed Estelle with. Maristela growled under her breath before looking at Attica, "I'm sorry my old friend." With tears in her eyes, Maristela reached out for her sword, the blade returned to her hand and she blocked Mauldra's swing and sent him tumbling back.

Attica rushed her and she was quick to defend herself in a way she never thought she ever would with her companion, she drove the blade through Attica's heart. Attica's darkened eyes focused on her before they seemed to lightened softly, a light purr of appreciation left him before his eyes closed and he fell limp to the ground. Maristela pulled her sword from Attica as tears fell down her face, she bit her lip to hold back the pain she felt. "And you call me a monster," Mauldra taunted before he swung his blade at her, Maristela blocked it before swinging at him, the two sharing near miss hits and blocks.