3.10 | Oh, Rivendell

⊱ ──── {⋆ 🌌 ⋆} ──── ⊰

FOURTEEN MONTHS OF TRAVEL TO THE LONELY MOUNTAIN AND BACK TO THE SHIRE, only to return to Rivendell at the beginning of July was a tiring journey that came to an end that Maristela did not truly like. As she entered the Valley of Imraldis, Attica and Maristela parted ways for he had somewhere else to be while the Elleth Istari desired the company of a young boy who would bring a smile to her face. She searched the Kingdom to no luck of locating Elessar, the Dúindane boy was nowhere to be found.

Maristela made her way into Elrond's tea room where he was currently reading, lowering the book upon her worried presence. "Where is Elessar?" Maristela asked immediately, Elrond frowned knowing what he would tell her is something she did not need. "Elessar has learned his true identity, Marisol. And he has left to the North in search of more answers," Elrond informed her. Maristela stumbled lightly before sitting down, Elrond joined her side immediately. "I didn't get to say goodbye," Maristela whimpered before tears filled her eyes, Elrond knew those tears weren't just for Elessar.

"I know you are in pain, Marisol, but it will ease. It will never fade, it may still hurt many years from now, but it will be easier to live on," Elrond assured her as he let her cry into his shoulder like she did when she was younger. "He would want you to keep living, to fight and find something for yourself," Elrond added before allowing the silence to overcome them, giving her the chance to grieve without overwhelming her with words of comfort. Maristela let everything out and the skies wept with her, her heart healed the smallest amount that day within the arms of someone she saw as an uncle.

 Maristela let everything out and the skies wept with her, her heart healed the smallest amount that day within the arms of someone she saw as an uncle

⊱ ──── {⋆ 🌌 ⋆} ──── ⊰

Dear Mari,

It has been almost eleven months since we saw each other. Erebor has flourished beautifully since your departure and I firmly believe that you would love it. King Dáin sends his well wishes and invites you to visit the moment you have the chance too.

Balin has plans to reclaim the lost city of Moria but King Dáin holds hesitance due to Durin's Bane which he had witnessed during the Battle of Azanulbizar. But Dori believes that Dáin may agree with Balin's wishes, but for now, we are uncertain.