4.9 | Lothlórien

⊱ ──── {⋆ 🌌 ⋆} ──── ⊰

The Fellowship exits Moria. Boromir tries to restrain Gimli as the Dwarf vents out his rage and sorrow. Merry consoles Pippin, who lies crying. Legolas wears a look of shock and disbelief; the immortal elf's eyes show puzzlement as he holds Maristela in his arms, the Elleth weeps softly as the skies seem to darken. Sam sits on the ground, bows his head onto his hands, and begins to weep. Aragorn wipes his sword clean, sheathes it, and turns to the others. "Legolas, get them up!" Aragorn orders. Boromir looks up at Aragorn in shock, "Give them a moment for pity's sake!" His eyes trailed over to Maristela who was staring off into the distance.

"By nightfall, these hills will be swarming with Orcs. We must reach the woods of Lothlórien," Aragorn replied to him with urgency. "Come, Boromir, Legolas, Gimli, get them up," Aragorn ordered before turning to Sam, "On your feet, Sam. Frodo? Frodo!" Boromir glances towards Frodo then back at Aragorn who follows his gaze, Frodo stands alone upon the hillside. Weeping silently, he turns towards Aragorn, a single tear running down his chin. "Maristela..." Aragorn spoke softly as he approached his adoptive mother, "We need to move." She numbly nodded before allowing him to grab her hand and lead her away.

The Fellowship jogs across a grassy field, halting under the leaves of a forest of tall trees. "Stay close, young Hobbits! They say that a great sorceress lives in these woods, an Elf-witch, of terrible power. All who look upon her, fall under her spell... and are never seen again," Gimli rambled to the Hobbits while Legolas glanced back at Maristela who had been trailing slowly behind them, her face blank but her hand heavy on the hilt of her blade. "Mister Frodo?" Sam called noticing Frodo wince painfully. "Well, here is one Dwarf she won't ensnare so easily. I have the eyes of a hawk and the ears of a fox!" Gimli finished off before an arrow, notched, appears before his face.

"The Dwarf breathes so loud, we could have shot him in the dark," The familiar voice of Haldir pulled Maristela from her numb state. "Haldir..." Maristela breathed out before moving through the others. Once she reaches the familiar Elf, she embraces him, Haldir was quick to hug the familiar Elleth back. "Marisol," Haldir muttered with a fond smile while Legolas watched in jealously. Haldir led the Fellowship further into the woods of Lothlórien with Maristela's arm linked in his, her silence worried the Elf greatly and he knew she needed to see Galadriel.

"Mae govannen, Legolas Thranduilion (Welcome Legolas, son of Thranduil)," Haldir greets Legolas after he had stopped them at a safer point then they were previous at. "Govannas vîn gwennen le, Haldir o Lórien (Our Fellowship stands in your debt, Haldir of Lórien)," Legolas responds to the Elf of Lórien. "A, Aragorn in Dúnedain istannen le ammen (Oh, Aragorn of the Dúnedain, you are known to us)," Haldir speaks as he glances at Aragorn. "Haldir," Aragorn greets, bowing his head formally before looking back at the Elf.

"So much for the legendary courtesy of the Elves! Speak words we can also understand," Gimli demanded after watching the three speak. "We have not had dealings with the Dwarves since the Dark Days," Haldir informs Gimli. "And you what this Dwarf says to that? Ishkhaqwi ai durugnul! (I spit upon your grave!)" Gimli replies to him before Aragorn grabbed him and looked him in the eyes as he spoke, "That was not so courteous." Aragorn's words were a warning to the Dwarf as Haldir turned to Frodo. "You bring great evil with you," Haldir speaks before turning to Aragorn, "You can go no further." Haldir walks away as Sam and Pippin turn to look at Frodo.