3.6 | Ravenhill

⊱ ──── {⋆ 🌌 ⋆} ──── ⊰

THORIN AND HIS COMPANIONS REACH SOME RUINS ON TOP OF THE HILL, killing Orcs along the way; there is a frozen river between them and where Azog is. The group fight off against the lurking Orcs within the ruins across the frozen river from Azog's stronghold. Having defeated all the enemies, they look out across the river at the ruins in which Azog was last seen; his wooden signalling machines are visible through the mist. "Where is he?" Thorin pondered while Maristela felt a pit in the bottom of her stomach, she looked around the area due to her Elf eyesight, but nothing was clear in the mist.

"Looks empty. I think Azog has fled!" Kíli cheered but Maristela disagreed, she knew the Pale Orc would not back down from this open opportunity to end the line of Durin. "I don't think so..." Thorin spoke as he made eye contact with Maristela before continuing, "Fíli, take your brother. Scout the towers, keep low and out of sight. If you see something; report back, do no engage ─ do you understand?" Maristela felt pride in seeing Thorin rule like a real King, this was the version of Thorin that Maristela was willing to bow to and take orders from; he was every bit a better King than his grandfather ever was.

"We have company; Goblin mercenaries. No more than a hundred," Dwalin informed his King, they all look back the way they came to see Goblins running over the ruins towards them. "We'll take care of them. Go!" Thorin ordered his nephews, Fíli grinned when Maristela gave him a chaste kiss. "Be safe, Fi. You too, Ki!" Maristela told them, the brothers nodded before following their uncle's orders. "Let's kill some Goblins," Maristela told Dwalin and Thorin, she spun her blade within her hands before smirking to her two companions. Thorin and Dwalin grinned before the three of them moved forward to slay the Goblins rushing them.

Fíli and Kíli creep quietly through the ruins below Azog's signalling station when they hear a noise. "Stay here. Search the lower levels. I've got this!" Fíli assured his brother, Kíli was hesitant to leave his brother alone but nodded and followed his orders, watching as his older brother walked away. Maristela drove her blade into the last Goblin, panting, she looks around to see that they had cleared the mercenaries but Thorin looks anxiously over the frozen river. "Where is that Orc filth?" Dwalin asked with venom as Bilbo appears out of thin air behind him, panting. "Thorin..." Bilbo breathed out gaining the trio's attention. "Bilbo!" Thorin cheered seeing his friend.

"You have to leave here! Now! Azog has another army attacking from the North. This watchtower will be completely surrounded. There'll be no way out!" Bilbo exclaimed to the group. "We are so close! That Orc scum is in there. I say we push on," Dwalin voiced but Maristela instantly felt sick. "No! That's what he wants. He wants to draw us in," Thorin says before a look of understanding crossed his face, "This is a trap!" Within seconds of those words, Maristela rushed off to find the brothers leaving Dwalin and Bilbo with Thorin believing that they would be perfectly fine.

In the ruins, Fíli hears a sound in front of him and turns around, only to see lights coming up the hallway from behind him too; he is trapped. His mind trails back to his brother he sent on his own to the woman that he loved, by Odin, he hoped that she was okay; he didn't care what happened to him, but if anything happened to her, his life felt worthless. "Thorin, are you sure about this?" Dwalin asked after Thorin ordered they leave. "Do it. We live to fight another day," Thorin told Dwalin trusting that Maristela will find his nephews. "Kíli!" Maristela calls having found the younger Durin son.