6.2 | Rohan's Celebration

⊱ ──── {⋆ 🌌 ⋆} ──── ⊰

At Edoras, in the Golden Hall of Meduseld, Èowyn brings Théoden a cup. Théoden raises it and prepares to address a quiet crowd. Aragorn leads the men in standing. "Tonight we remember those who gave their blood to defend this country. Hail the victorious dead!" Théoden called out to the others. "Hail!" The crowd called as they held up their drinks before drinking from them. Aragorn hesitates, then drinks from his mug. The Rohirrim party in the great hall. Èomer instructs a group, including Gimli and Legolas.

"No pauses, no spills," Èomer clarified while Maristela watched from a pillar. Legolas and Gimli are handed mugs of ale as the Dwarf speaks, "And no regurgitation." Maristela remembered witnessing many of these moments when feasting with Dwarves or Men, it was always so entertaining but something she never witnessed with Elves. "So it's a drinking game?" Legolas questioned the Erebor Dwarf. "Aye, Last one standing wins," Gimli answers him with a chuckle. Legolas takes a small sip from his drink while Gimli chugs his drink.

Maristela watches as Éowyn approaches Aragorn, "Westu, Aragorn, hál. (Be-thou Aragorn well.)" Aragorn takes a goblet from Éowyn, who watches him, smiling. Aragorn returns the cup and walks away before Théoden joins Éowyn, watching Aragorn. Maristela looks up at her son and frowns, "You must inform her that her heart lies in something not willing to accept it." Aragorn turned his gaze to her, "I do not wish to hurt her." Maristela shook her head at him, "You will hurt her by hiding the truth. She will heal." Aragorn lowered his gaze before he walked away leaving Maristela to watch him sadly knowing his mind trailed to Arwen, his true love.

Gimli and Legolas continue their drinking contest. Gimli grabs for another drink, "Here, here. It's the dwarves that go swimming with little hairy women." Legolas examines his fingers, looking worried, "I feel something. A slight tingling in my fingers. I think it's affecting me." Maristela looks over at Legolas as Gimli spoke, "What did I say? He cant hold his liquor!" Legolas locks gazes with Maristela who smiles at the teasing smirk on his face. Gimli passes out, Legolas looks smug, "Game over." He stood up and walked over to Maristela who sipped her own drink, "All Dwarves pass out after a certain amount of drinks. You were bound to win."

Merry and Pippin dance on a table top to the amusement of onlookers, "Oh, you can search far and wide. You can drink the whole town dry. But you'll never find a beer so brown. As the one we drink in our home town. You can keep your fancy ales. You can drink em by the flagon But the only brew for the brave and true..." Pippin seems distracted looking at Gandalf until Merry caught his attention and the two finished their song, "...But the only brew for the brave and true comes from the Green Dragon!" The hobbits chugs their drinks as Maristela smiles softly before she looked off into the distance.

"You seem distracted," Legolas expressed to Maristela, he was happy to see that her wound had healed over even after she had healed many of Théoden's men. It was clear that something had changed within Maristela at some point in time as she seemed stronger with her magic and capable of doing more without exhaustion. "I worry for the next chapter in this war," Maristela replied to him, she wouldn't lie to him. "Come with me," Legolas offered his arm and Maristela took it with a smile, the two made their way out of the crazed crowd of drinkers honouring the dead.